Coffee anyone ?

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
What our Pascha/Easter last night.... and I am bushed.

Two services every day for over a week, with 3 on Friday.

And of course the Saturday service starts at 11:30pm and was over maybe at 2:30... but there there was a small feast to break the month long fast.

But I of course gabbed until 4am!!! There was a monk-priest that was on his way to be assigned to one of the small villages across the bay. He got stuck here in town, because the village wanted him to have a covid test... anyway... I had met him before... but hadn't realized how interesting his pre-monk life had been. He grew up on a sheep ranch... in one of those center states... Ohio? Idaho??? :idunno and then became a farrier and traveled all over doing that. We compared favorite old western songs and old jazz musicians... we both like Louis Armstrong. And he thought someone wrote a song about Bo Didly, but couldn't remember who...

And then I got home... everyone was in bed and asleep, but those kids that clearly love me had left a pile of bacon on the stove for me to eat...

Then I got into bed and could not sleep!

Service today was at 3pm, followed by a true feast of all good things.

Dang it was nice.

Super long book... just because I wanted to say that last year SUCKED. Not having church was terrible.

We have just gotten back to normal-ish just in this last month.

And it is wonderful!

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on. Rain this morning. Got plenty done this weekend, dh worked the field that's to be planted. Kid's and I picked up, sticks, rocks and garbage. Between softball practice and church. Then our church family had a picnic and slow pitch game Sunday night. It was tons of fun.
Not to to much today, maybe we'll get caught up on housework.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
And I have a mare getting ready to foal.
Woohoo! Waiting for new foal pics. When I had a herd of minis, the season would find me greeting about 30 new foals a year. Way different size but same lovely time. Yeah. I was busy!

Coffee is ready, have some. Enjoying mine as I look out the kitchen window to see I have finally gotten garden started for the year! Satisfaction. :) Rain today and some Wed...neither big events, they say...should be perfect to run tiller and plant on weekend. :woot Finally...that will get done. May have a couple days at home next week to work more on that and this roll of fence to get up. Shorten that list!

Now, I need to find what a "dirt hole set" is. :caf:idunno

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. I woke up at 4:30, but didn’t get up until 6:30 when DH woke up, didn’t want to wake him up. 72F degrees this morning with a high of 90 today. Supposed to rain this evening. We finished the chickens yesterday, can deliver them tomorrow. Got 49 more that will be ready in 4 weeks.

Need to work in the garden today, don’t even know where to start.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks google! I have no traps....but found info. 9 cats. They can be released from live trap. 😁 If I knew where they were coming from in wooded area. I'd get a couple traps. Unless deer season, almost no dogs around. In fact, getting my own farm dog is under consideration and would probably do well.

LGD rescues think their adoptives need to be house dogs, although they KNOW the breeds are for, well. Livestock guardians!! Go figure.

Last edited:

River Buffaloes

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Currently in New Delhi, India, originally Bihar
What our Pascha/Easter last night.... and I am bushed.

Two services every day for over a week, with 3 on Friday.

And of course the Saturday service starts at 11:30pm and was over maybe at 2:30... but there there was a small feast to break the month long fast.

But I of course gabbed until 4am!!! There was a monk-priest that was on his way to be assigned to one of the small villages across the bay. He got stuck here in town, because the village wanted him to have a covid test... anyway... I had met him before... but hadn't realized how interesting his pre-monk life had been. He grew up on a sheep ranch... in one of those center states... Ohio? Idaho??? :idunno and then became a farrier and traveled all over doing that. We compared favorite old western songs and old jazz musicians... we both like Louis Armstrong. And he thought someone wrote a song about Bo Didly, but couldn't remember who...

And then I got home... everyone was in bed and asleep, but those kids that clearly love me had left a pile of bacon on the stove for me to eat...

Then I got into bed and could not sleep!

Service today was at 3pm, followed by a true feast of all good things.

Dang it was nice.

Super long book... just because I wanted to say that last year SUCKED. Not having church was terrible.

We have just gotten back to normal-ish just in this last month.

And it is wonderful!

Is the monk a Russian Orthodox? We also have Syro-Malabar orthodox Community native to the Southern part of the country, they are also called St Thomas Christians.

Not being able to go to Church is truly awful. I feel like a child seperated from his mother.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you for the coffee, rain here too today.
My cat Emma went missing without a trace yesterday between 11:10 and 11:50 yesterday morning. I was in the barn when it happened and the chickens were out. I really don't understand it, but we still can't find her.