Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Long week of long days...took today off and went to our livestock auction. They have a beginning sale of what I consider a "yard sale" type. Just never know what's there. :oops:. I was enchanted by a puppy inside...several puppies today, none LGD type...so trying to decide the makeup of these pups. Speckled, spotted, multi colored...I'm thinking some Aussie x maybe beagle???? Later find pure Catahoula. Knew I wasn't looking for that, so this blue eyed beauty couldn't come home with me. ;). Shame, pretty coloring.
Spent $5 and came home with a couple hundred worth of dig video cams. :idunnoa box of stuff on a table....pot luck grab bag, no one interested but I had seen one cam in there, found two. Table box was on, too. Didn't want to risk bidding on that pup, so I left.

Cams are in great condition and hoping batteries charge...if not, can buy new. I'll keep the small Samsung one, sell Sony with case, manuals, remote and extra lenses...can hardly lose for the price I need to recover. 😁. I already have a JVC much like the Sony.

Overcast and drizzly all day. Hoping it shows a little sun tomorrow. I have some farm work that needs no rain. Need to till but, too wet....will work something else.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Cold front came through....so no more 90s....thankfully. We did survived the dog show yesterday. It was 🥵... but kids had a great day with Ranger. Dd1 got 2nd in showmanship and ds got champion puppy obedience and reserve champion overall in obedience! Got to bed around 10....we were beat.

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee! It has been a long week, and another long one yet to come.
Someone was looking for a babysitter. 3 days a week for 4 hours a day over the summer. I’m hoping she gets back to me, I would love more experience with kids and that sounds doable with school. Even though the school website has been out most of the time, which is frustrating, but I do have a textbook.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning y'all. I'm going to cram chicken backs, skin, wing tips, etc in quart jars and run the pressure canner this morning after morning chores, then get to cutting up the 6 chickens on ice. Then I'll have enough to pack some more jars and run the pressure canner again. That will make 14 jars of chicken scraps for the dogs. Another day in the kitchen. Tomorrow we'll slaughter the last 8 CCX, then another day of processing and I'll be done for awhile. I'll still have all the frozen "parts" for the dogs to thaw and can for them. Nothing wasted here!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sunshine today! Yah! :celebratefinish coffee fix and walk the fences. I'll take the goats along, lots for them to chow down. There is a spot some are breaching in back fields and I need to fix. Pretty sure it's a low place and they are jumping. Mares not getting out, not all the goats. Need to fix so they can once again be left there while I'm gone.

Will check blackberries while back there. Should be ready to pick now or soon. Yard needs cutting but way too wet. Later or just another day. No biggie, yet.

Lazed yesterday and rested. Slept well. I needed energizing! :old

Weather for week looking good. Work assignments look like I can be home a few days....in a row even. Nice. I have a couple rolls of new fence still waiting for me. 😁

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Outside chores are done, washing machine just stopped. Eating a PB&J sandwich, then I’ll strap on the day. Got lots to do!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Neighbor Ron called , two bobcats got all his chickens but one last night. I guess that’s what woke me up at 1:30 this morning. My dogs go nuts and I sleep just fine because I know they are taking care of things for me. We’ll be supplying them with eggs, they covered us when ours weren’t laying last winter. He needs a new coop, I need a new coop. Think I’ll strike a deal, help me and I’ll help you. He really doesn’t know how to build a Fort Knox coop, so I’ll help him out. Figure I’ll supply some materials too, they are on disability.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow on chickens. You hate when that happens. Wish you were close, I could give him some layers. But nice yours are providing eggs enough for all.

Great to have sunshine....got two loads of clothes on line this morning.🙂

Blackberries not ready for big picking but, did find another elder batch starting. Appreciated! Others are really full of blooms and berries started. Banner year if it doesn't dry up rain for a month, again.🤞

Took goats to back fields. Found their escape, fixed it. So far they are busy eating and I have enough well growing grasses to not need hay. Big $$ drain -- as you know. Had to stay with them for a while until they settled from the "we're wild and free" run
of the new field after all the rains have kept them close to their barn. Now settled into serious eating. New tree growth for them to clean up too. Lot of new blackberry shoots trying to expand...they'll be eaten this week. :yesss:. Excellent forage for them.

Lunch is over for me. Heading back out to do a little fixing on the kids weaning field. They need to go it alone! Moms are over it and I need milk....work slacking enough to do milking time.😃

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got 8 chickens cut, vacuum sealed and in the freezer. First I packed 7 quart jars with chicken backs, necks, hearts, skin, wing tips and got the pressure canner going. Then I did the chickens. I packed 7 more quart jars and they are in the canner now. Not up to pressure yet, just got them in there. Dogs will have 14 more jars of chicken to mix with their food.