Coffee anyone ?

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good news the hay wasn't moldy... just a layer of ash...from the fires out west:oops: no wonder DD1's allegies are going crazy.
Crazy.... but glad it wasn't mold...

I kept thinking of those moldy bales off and on all night last night, I wanted to go check your roof... maybe a leak....

Anyway... NOT mold, even better!

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thinking of the marching of time....

No idea where I got the idea in my young person head....

But for some reason I had a clear understanding that I had to make sure that
1. My no was always no. So I rarely said no, but if I did that was it, no backing down, no getting around it... if that meant an hour of crying or a crazy amount of work on my part, so be it.
2. Everything I wanted in my kids had to be in there by age 7. From 7 to 12 was fine tuning. But age 7 was the cut off.

I spent so much time discussing character traits and the whys of things, critical thinking and how to truly love, to focus on being selfless, not selfish.

I regret heaps of things in my life, but not that. Now my kids are far from grown, eldest will soon be 23....

But they never went through adolescent stuff. They all learned to be kind, loving, work well together, respectful, and the basic Christian virtues.

They are incredible people, and a great joy to be around.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Taking an afternoon break, with a cup of tea. Grated up a pile of zucchini logs, got 8 bags of 3 cups each. I’ll make lasagna noodles, zucchini bread, use as thickener on soups, stews and chili. Got elderberries out of the freezer to strain out and make elderberry syrup. Doing 3 rd load of clothes, 99F outside and I’m not interested.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just found a junker for eldest... market up here is brutal.

Ya have to be FAST, and cash in hand to grab something.

Big rust hole by driver door.

20210726_112426.jpg

20210726_112238.jpg

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Alaskan there are several big rust spots!? Glasses off ? :lol: It'll be a good project!

@promiseacres sooooo glad it wasn't mold. That would be bad! Lucky for you ;)

@farmerjan the rains were heavy!!! Worked a store 24 miles out and had to drive way slow, wipers full on! Finally drove out of it last 3 miles, only to discover it was coming directly over me. Last 2 hrs off major downpour....Dish out, of course but TV signals ok. Lots of thunder, lightening. Just now moving SE enough to be sprinkles for a while. Prob over 2". We've had a lot of rain this week. May be some tomorrow. Wish you could have it instead!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses thanks... I didn't see any rain when I went to get meters done... and made some stops on the way home...it came inbetween when I went up and the time I got back to Staunton...25 mi north of me....then, Wet roads & puddles... trees down in Staunton.... got home TA DA We got 1.3 INCHES..... Staunton got hail and wind and downpours... SOOOOOOOOOOO Glad we got a good rain... 2-5 pm by the looks of the radar.... Temps down 20 degrees... We could use another one like that but VERY VERY THANKFUL for this.....