Coffee anyone ?

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today's morning drama...
:rantwhy does it seem like there are always things happening in the morning that require photo proof as to why I'm late? And WHY does it always seem to happen before dawn!?!?!

Was adding coolant this AM and dropped the top to the bottle between the grill and the radiator.
Fearing it might blow against the radiator, melt & burn, I texted my boss who is also a mechanic - I can't drive like this can I? "You certainly can not!" (found out later that he thought I had dropped the radiator cap)
Crap...
Can't reach it from above. Can't pull it through the grill. Grabbed needle-nose pliers thinking I would either break the top or the grill... but ended up knocking it lower - out of sight :eek:
Feeling around, jamming fingers... nope
Bent pokey wire to try and locate it/move it... nope
Moved to the barn and used air compressor to try and blow it around in the space so maybe I can see it... nope
At one point, I've got my head in the gravel under the bumper using the selfie screen on my phone to try and see if there is an opening I might be able to knock it out through IF I can locate it when I hear something killing a rabbit in the woods JUST behind me... I'm thinking '.. there are only a few ways left that this morning can get worse'
Stomp around and have a 'mad-cry'. Slap blindly at it with the pokey-wire a few more times. Try the air a few more times... Decide I'm driving it anyway and not caring at this point if it catches on fire when I spot the EDGE of it!!!!!!
Poked it with the wire and was able to move it to, and then through a gap in the housing. :yesss:

An hour late.. but I'm here. Spent the first hour catching up and rushing to meet deadlines. Then the electrician showed up to see about mounting lights around the scale house, so walked around with him. FINALLY time for coffee!!!!!
coffeebath[1].gif

cap and radiator.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning! I slept way late, 7:50. I’m sick again with the same crud I had at Christmas. I took an OTC sleeping pill last night, benedryl. My throat is raw meat, runny nose and coughing up yellow crud. Great. Probably has something to do with going out in the rain and cold 6 times a day to give Reina her eye drops. And the 7th one 10 minutes after the last one, because it was for nighttime. I did that for 2 weeks, it saved her eye, so well worth the crud I have now.

Called doctor yesterday. I could get an appointment in March. WTH? So I asked for a drive by parking lot appointment like I had last time or just call in the same prescription as last time. I got a call this morning to be there at 11:00 for my parking lot rendezvous.

I have learned this about Lufkin, every doctor is filled to overflowing with patients, there aren’t enough doctors here. It would be a gold mine for a young doctor to set up shop, instant patients!

The guy I’m seeing isn’t even a doctor, he’s a PA. I’ve never seen the doctor and suspect he is dead, and mummified, propped up in a corner somewhere, maybe in a closet so as not to disturb those of delicate constitution.

I’m a farmer, I can take anything.

SHOW ME THE MUMMY!

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Four bottle lambs. Found three this morning abandoned in the barn. Converting spare bedroom into Lamb Hilton.
girls or boys?

The smelly jeans and boots thing is the price we pay for doing what we do. I used to wear DH's thermal log shirts under his flannel shirts. I would go pick the kids up from school in my jeans and rubber boots after cleaning the barn etc. My daughter finally asked me to pick them up a block away or change my clothes before I made the 15 minute school run. When I asked her why she said I was embarrassing her in my farm clothes ??? At the time we were keeping pigs along with the rabbits and dairy goats. The school was not in town, and apparently the pig muck on my boots was pungent. As the new girl in school, she was getting remarks. As the bad mother I am, I refused to take the time to change my barn clothes since I planned to go back to cleaning the barn when we returned from the school pickup. I did start picking her up 15 minutes after school got out, and agreed to wait in the truck although not ducking down so I wouldn't be seen by anyone. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Miss Kitty is a one time thing....breeding will repeat but, that coloring won't happen again. May get a print/spots but not as unique. 🤷. Yes, more $$ if sold because of color.

Worked today, scheduled for tomorrow but might move to Friday and stay home tomorrow as way better weather, they say. It's an option. 😁

I need to give some CDT shots...trim some feet, pound some nails -- normal stuff. 👍 Nice weather makes ME think it's a nicer time.

Dinner? thinking grilled cheese and some tomato/ basil soup. 🤔

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I did my drive by parking lot back door appointment. Had to take a Covid/flu test. I DONT HAVE EITHER ONE! Maybe a perverse nurse just likes digging for boogers.
Got prescriptions, home, animals fed early, it started raining. Of course it did.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! It’s 39F with a high of 68F today. Will be sunny! I think today I’ll spend a lot of time with Buford. I’ll turn him out with Sentry and Sheba for awhile to let him run some steam off. Then I’ll turn out the sheep, without Buford being on a leash. I’ll be out there to supervise. We’ll see how this goes.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan. Meds, sunshine, dogs & sheep. 🤗
Weather about the same here...sunshine, low 40s to upper 60s. First half of tomorrow similar, then the downside of the ride -- rain and cooler. Maybe the buck I have in with 4 wagging tailed does will get the job done before the rain. 😁🤣Betting he will!

Yesterday it dawned on me that "something" is going on in my general area. 🤔. I've watched the construction and opening of three new businesses in our little town this past year. A WaWa, a Starbucks and a Jeep dealership. A fourth is forming, just not sure what, yet. I mean, these entities don't just build in "nowhere", they need people traffic and plenty of it. Guess I'd better do some checking around. There must be some situation happening to warrant this interest in a small town! I need to find out the "draw" that's coming.

For now, enjoying a lazy morning with my coffee mug. I'm considering frying up some bacon & eggs.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
“Progress” is coming to you @Mini Horses like it or not. Roads will be crowded, it takes so long for roads to catch up to traffic. Then they stay in a state of construction for tears, causing even worse traffic.

There’s nothing in Trinity County, I like it like that. I’d better shut up or more people will move here.