Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Enjoying coffee and the morning BYH binge. Slow at the moment, because it's enjoyable to not feel "hurry" all the time. It's part of my milking chores, chill and be thankful...listen to rhythmic sounds of the doe chewing...it's calming. šŸ˜Š Life needs more slow time.

Spring!! I think it's really here now, at least in my area. Thankfully grasses are coming in well, pastures needed to shrink the hay bill. I watched yesterday as the truck loads of fertilizer was spread on 40 acres across the street....hay fields. Several fields are freshly plowed in close by areas....calves in fields at nearby farm.šŸ„°. Yep, spring is here again.šŸ‘ It's lovely.

Last edited:

murphysranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't care if Jeremy Clarkson and crew is scripted. I laugh and laugh and laugh, especially when Gerald talks. I do hope that we will be able to watch season 3 here in the US. I wish I could find another farmer show on Netflix or Prime. I love learning and learning and then my brain rehashes it for several days afterwards!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! Going to light 2 burn piles this morning. Winds will blow at 2-10 miles per hour with gusts up to 16 MPH for the next 3 days. Normally there is too much wind for me to feel comfortable with burning. Iā€™ll drag in this evening smoky, dirty and tired.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Enjoy burning. I might light off my little pile too. There's something kinda nice about spending the day poking a burn pile.
... except when the smoke follows you and you walk around and around and around the pile and can't see because your eyes are watering and you're coughing so hard.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Aaaah yes...burning, watering, smoke filled eyes. o_O:rolleyes::D =D. Burn pile fun! I have a pile...not lighting up today. šŸ¤£ Have fun, Bay.

Having coffee. Need to run some electric wire -- to light up some goat butts! My only lighting up this weekend!!! And I'm planning a tractor therapy day tomorrow. So today is "get ready" day. Hot wire, gate checks, move animals....

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
A doe I've been waiting to kid just finished.šŸ˜ Good and bad...she's fine, two kids great, kid #3 doa. Appears to have happened about 2 wks ago from lack of hair, soft bone, etc. So it goes. I have split twins, reg parents (Boer). A tiger dapple buck and solid brown doe. Had to text seller. She sold this doe because she had twin bucks every year for 6 yrs. I got a doeling! We're both laughingšŸ„°

Wet and wild...more when dried off. Yes, keepersšŸ¤£
IMG_20230325_101719789_HDR.jpg

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! Going to light 2 burn piles this morning. Winds will blow at 2-10 miles per hour with gusts up to 16 MPH for the next 3 days. Normally there is too much wind for me to feel comfortable with burning. Iā€™ll drag in this evening smoky, dirty and tired.
Remember the marshmallows as a positive reward! :D =D

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Left- Canada thistle. Oft decried as the ruin of pastures by my stalwart Yankee kin.

Right- I just found this monster and a dozen of his brothers in my lower pasture. Battle is joined. (this thing is nearly 3 ft tall :ep

I use a spade and leather gloves to dig them up root and all. If I catch them in time I can shove them into a feed sack, if they're 3'-4' tall I drag just a few of them to the burn pit. I notice when I miss one it turns into 18 later in the year, then dozens if I don't get them. No round up here.