Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's Redbrand goat fence...that $215 roll!! Yep, back side of my house. There's more fields below this and another stretch parallel. Girl, you have no idea how much you've bitten off with 25 acres. 🤣. I've only got 15 and it's huge to handle....especially alone. You have nasty barbed wire and heavy growth. Be thankful for the help you're getting!! And for no job to work into the mix.

Fresh coffee. Lovely 67* out. I'll close windows shortly to keep cool temps in. Not getting "hot" out today but have some things to do off farm. Need a break and cat food. 😁. One day of work this week, also. Had planned for no work next week but, they ponied up some jobs so couple days for that. Maybe a roll of fence $ :lol: it's easier to buy than use 😱🥴

This Saturday is the goat auction. Gotta get 8 boys to that event. 👍. This is a full life, farming.

Went to barn to milk about 8:30 last night and found a young skunk in there.....looking for eggs to eat. Scurried that on out😖, milked, feed chores, eggs in, showered and fell into bed. Asleep in a flash!!

I see another day of various needed fence stuff, then the garden looms. This outside work can be tiring. :old

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
So I checked out Scandia Farms and can say -- That's exactly why we farm and, it's why we get in over our heads :lol: we just want to "do it all"! I keep wanting turkeys and a cow, maybe another pig :he. No I cannot do it all....

But I enjoyed the visit 😍. Thanks. And I really liked her cow!! 👍

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
So I checked out Scandia Farms and can say -- That's exactly why we farm and, it's why we get in over our heads :lol: we just want to "do it all"! I keep wanting turkeys and a cow, maybe another pig :he. No I cannot do it all....

But I enjoyed the visit 😍. Thanks. And I really liked her cow!! 👍
.... sooo I might be able to hook you up with a trained, low production dairy cow??

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
CONGRATS 🎉 🥳

One bite at a time. Then comes dirt to fill in the new space, then rock over that. Next bite, cut fence at H brace in driveway fence, wrap around post and staple securely. Pull fence back about 40’, pull T-posts. This will allow room for dump truck to bring dirt for barn pad. One bite at a time.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Finally got to my iced coffee. Smitty did a Houdini and spent the night in the woods. (Our woods). He ambled up for breakfast, appears to be fine. There’s a good chance there’s a coyote den back there so I don’t like him back there especially alone. I started him on glucosamine biscuits yesterday for arthritis. Hubbs says buy stock in that company :lol:

Latest posts