Coffee anyone ?

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have 50-60' oak trees here @Bunnylady and there are times that broken limbs get hung on other branches and limbs 30'+ in the air....it sure doesn't make ya feel very safe out there when the wind picks up cause ya never know when they'll turn loose....I've pulled ends of fallen ones out of the ground 3-4' deep before and I always say that it was a good thing us or any of the animals weren't under that when it fell....:confused:
I looked around for ya today @Sourland and got this for ya...
IMAG3327.jpg ....the azaleas are blooming here....:)

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
oh, good grief!!!!

yeah... I would keep whacking away at them until they were on the ground...

Either that or every time the wind blew I would have a fit.

The tricky part of that is the scale of the thing. If you look at the picture I posted, in the lower right you can see a (pretty much vertical) black line. That's a lamp post, and it's 11 feet tall (the post is vertical, I just wasn't holding my phone quite straight). The dead tree is at least 50 feet tall, with a base that's probably 2' in diameter and as stated, it's a brushy, viney mess (they call it pocosin). If anything odd happened while trying to cut that down, getting out of the way would not be a given.:hide Sometimes you quit while you're ahead.

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We had a tree hung up like that one time. I bought a 50' nylon rope. We tied one end around the tree trunk and tied the other end to the truck trailer hitch. We pulled the tree down, safely, 50' plus away from the tree. It stretched that rope out, but it didn't snap. Had to cut the rope off the tree and trailer hitch. I still have a piece of that rope, use it all the time.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
We had a tree hung up like that one time. I bought a 50' nylon rope. We tied one end around the tree trunk and tied the other end to the truck trailer hitch. We pulled the tree down, safely, 50' plus away from the tree. It stretched that rope out, but it didn't snap. Had to cut the rope off the tree and trailer hitch. I still have a piece of that rope, use it all the time.

that sounds like a good way to do it.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We tied the rope around the bottom of the trunk, close to the ground. It took some pulling. Sometimes they just wont move because the tree is so big and heavy, just be safe.