Coffee anyone ?

Sourland

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It's a beautiful morning. Have at the coffee it's fresh. They're still hedging their bets on the possible Nor'easter for Wednesday.

Farmer Connie

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It's a beautiful morning. Have at the coffee it's fresh. They're still hedging their bets on the possible Nor'easter for Wednesday.
Good Morning!
coffee sippin.gif

DustyBoot

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
very true!

The entire feeding and watering of plants and animals is a huge learning opportunity.

It is! My 5-year-old has a couple of Asiatic lilies she's trying to get established in the garden, and I've been impressed at her conscientiousness in checking on them daily. Last month we got each of the kids (5, 7 and 9) two pullet chicks with the idea that they can raise them and sell eggs and start figuring out small-scale economics. I do have to remind them sometimes, but once reminded they do a great job at checking on and taking care of the chicks. I've encouraged them to consider saving their future egg money to invest in something else that will bring in more money, and I'm interested to see what they come up with and I love that we can say yes to any reasonable ideas they have. Before moving out here, the most real responsibility any of them got was a hamster. Not much opportunity for profit in that. :p

Ahem... I'll climb down off my soapbox and go get myself some tea.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is! My 5-year-old has a couple of Asiatic lilies she's trying to get established in the garden, and I've been impressed at her conscientiousness in checking on them daily. Last month we got each of the kids (5, 7 and 9) two pullet chicks with the idea that they can raise them and sell eggs and start figuring out small-scale economics. I do have to remind them sometimes, but once reminded they do a great job at checking on and taking care of the chicks. I've encouraged them to consider saving their future egg money to invest in something else that will bring in more money, and I'm interested to see what they come up with and I love that we can say yes to any reasonable ideas they have. Before moving out here, the most real responsibility any of them got was a hamster. Not much opportunity for profit in that. :p

Ahem... I'll climb down off my soapbox and go get myself some tea.
yep! Lots of ways to learn!

We gave my #3 kid a busted up snowmachine. He has been working hard to get it running, and finally made it! :celebrate

Now he keeps driving it around and parts keep busting off... and then he has to fix those! :lol: He sure is learning lots!

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
We had a nice little thunderstorm blow thru earl last night and gave us nearly 1" of rain in about 30 minutes. Did get lots of wind and lightning with it tho. (Yes, my Christmas lights are still up..so is the Christmas tree..the Luna moth is dead..been stuck to the bug zapper for a couple of days)
DSC00090.JPG

Tstorm photoctest.jpg