Coffee anyone ?

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Rain again - but forecast (if I believe it - and I truly do want to) is no rain until a week from Sunday - but I've seen that before :lol:
8 OMG 8 or maybe 9 years ago when we were looking at land we almost bought up in WA state. Sooooo close to doing it. SERIOUSLY close - then found out about the animal regs in that county - I ~think it was a total of 6 animals cats, dogs, etc no matter the amount of acreage you had! Had friends on over 100 ac that said they actually come out and COUNT - livestock didn't count (though maybe chickens did). Well, that did it for us, no offer in on the land and skedaddled out of there. Where am I going with this....... well the last God only knows how many days of rain and spit and gloom we've just had [4.25-4.5 inches] , there is no way I could've handled the PNW rain and clouds and gloom. You guys who do - are amazing. ME - give me my sunshine. ☀️🌞
Got a lot of "clean up / dirt road repair / arena reclamation" ahead but need things to firm up before I put equipment on it.
Wife is Washingtonian through and through, one of the originals and she can't even stand the weather, I lasted about 6 years too long. Want to find the right place to live with sunlight, look up solar maps of average hours of sunlight a day.
Come October the water spigot turns on over there, and around December (at least in the part I was in) it goes 20 plus days with straight rain, till February/March. The water spigot then goes into drip mode come June and where I was the fog started rolling in for the rest of the months. No wonder everyone shooting up meth and heroin, only way to stay sane there.
No one mentions the alcohol tax there, lets see $21 for that bottle of Jim Beam, hmm reasonable let me go check out, that will be $31 or more. Twenty and a half percent tax plus local city/county tax, and don't bother putting it in a plastic bag there is none, and it will be between 8 to 15 cents a paper bag.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wife is Washingtonian through and through, one of the originals and she can't even stand the weather, I lasted about 6 years too long. Want to find the right place to live with sunlight, look up solar maps of average hours of sunlight a day.
Come October the water spigot turns on over there, and around December (at least in the part I was in) it goes 20 plus days with straight rain, till February/March. The water spigot then goes into drip mode come June and where I was the fog started rolling in for the rest of the months. No wonder everyone shooting up meth and heroin, only way to stay sane there.
No one mentions the alcohol tax there, lets see $21 for that bottle of Jim Beam, hmm reasonable let me go check out, that will be $31 or more. Twenty and a half percent tax plus local city/county tax, and don't bother putting it in a plastic bag there is none, and it will be between 8 to 15 cents a paper bag.
WOAH!!! Boy did we ever make the right decision (despite CA being so damned left).

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Is that good or bad. It may sound silly I know.

Good- it's warmer.

Bad- warmer, sunshine, a little salt from somewhere=melted snow then tomorrows ice/slick streets.
It would have been good if it had stayed in the 20s.

But... yeah... we hit the 30s...

Town saw rain, so you would think, rain on all the snow would have been full ice... but driving wasn't bad on Thursday.

My house was a little colder, it looked like we held at 32 and under... so nasty very heavy snow... but no ice.

Lots of wind last night... did not sleep well because of it.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
This morning I've got a connect to high speed, fiber internet. Nice. I'm in a "rural" area that uncle sam has funded to supply net for us unfortunates😁. It's free, I'm taking it! It is faster. 👍

The 4 days of sunshine & 60s didn't happen. Nope mother nature shifted the fronts and it's overcast, cooler -- high 40s or so -- disappointing. And rain coming tonight through Mon/Tuesday in some form. 🫤

I'm not a football fan but, in a prelim show last night, they reviewed top 10 ads....of course Budweiser had maybe half the spots. So I LOVED it!! 🥰 Rain & football tomorrow. I'll be cleaning house instead.🥴😂 Cool,too -- I'll bake something.

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
Rain all day for me. We had hoped that the buyer for our rams would show up today. Then we could buy two we were looking at but so far nope. Lambs are all good and broody is doing her job. Tomorrow nicer weather and the Game. Hubbs is a Chiefs fan.
Beer- check. Wings-check. Safe livestock-check. Living in true farm and ranch country instead of around a bunch of idiots with firearms and fireworks- priceless.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Went out and got the duck eggs this morning and got a surprise, my first goose egg :weee Guess I will toss that in the incubator with the 60 other duck eggs. This is going to be interesting.
Goose egg in comparison to duck egg.
Untitled(5).jpg

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Like so many, I'm having another dreary weather morning 🙄 just off & on drizzly/misty now but, we had a good heavy rain before daybreak. Just WET out there!!! Not liking this will be happening until Tues😡 we hadn't had any rain in Feb until now and this is enough. Our grounds are wet W.A.Y. down!! Farmers can't work a lot of their fields. Ya know, last spring was too wet, also. 🫤

Well, I pulled a big chicken from freezer yesterday so I could bake it later today. At least I'll eat something healthy -- all week 😁 chicken sandwiches since Im working 3 days. Hmmm, better bake some bread -- none in house. Sounds like a cook & clean day! 🫤 Not a football watcher.🙃. Coffee all day, for sure!