Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m back home, took son’s F350 King Ranch dually. The guy did a plea bargain and we were all dismissed. Went to Crockett and got couple bales of alfalfa for sheep. Wet, muddy, miserable and now with a cold wind blowing. Figured they could use the treat. Tires were low, went to tire store and they aired them all up. Now I’m baking oatmeal cookies.

Still waiting on Ewenique to lamb. We have 3 days of sunshine, she’d better get with it before the next rain.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Boone is gonna be one messed up LGD! Better skip the sheep, you are his herd to guard. Looks like he’s totally into being a COLD, Cranky Old Lady
You got it! He’s far more useful to me as a semi service animal then an LGD.
I chose his breeder because she shows all her dogs as well as them being full-time guardians for her sheep goats and whatever they have good dispositions, and when I filled out the puppy contract, I let her know I needed the dog that was the most people friendly or people, neutral of the litter And he was the one.
Having had livestock guardians in the past, has been really helpful to head off the problems that could raise their ugly heads because of their nature, the most serious being resource-guarding me from Fen or from strangers. So making a lot of day trips, meeting Lots of people, having lots of good experiences and Fen getting on my lap means cookies for Boone, Where resource guarding me means Boone gets no cookies, and he gets pushed away and ignored. So far we’re doing pretty good.
It’s been so healing for me to have a dog that wants to be with me and be a partner.

Fen and I have a very different relationship than Boone and I have. I have no idea why I’m rambling on so much. It’s been one of those days.🤪

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. It’s cold outside with heavy frost on the ground . It’s 35F with high of 62F. Dogs were barking crazy last night. Coyotes were on the hunt. At 6:00 AM, the dogs were really barking. I grabbed a flashlight and went outside. Coyotes were CLOSE. I petted the Anatolians and told them what good dogs they were.
On my first cup of coffee.