Coffee anyone ?

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Reason I say that is on rock/dirt roads when you slam the brakes it's like marbles you just slide, well while you are sliding you are building up friction and digging in the rock/dirt that will help stop the vehicle. Now you flip ABS on and you slightly dig in if you do while hugging your brakes then lets off automatically and now you have to dig in again and regain friction, by then you are hitting whatever....
Or learn to drive/stop and let off the brakes. Sliding is not stopping or controllable. I've had to yell at some city people to let off the brakes after popping a hill on gravel, 1 was starting to slide into the middle of the road into an oncoming truck and not slowing down. She panicked after seeing the truck which was in it's lane and not speeding. Plus with smooth (or really most) tires your not digging when sliding, just piling a few rocks in front of the tires. Like ice in nice weather.lol

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Did I mention it's been windy lately? I'm hoping hubby can help me get this upright soon.
P_20240330_074038.jpg
*nobody was in paddock or injured*

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Or learn to drive/stop and let off the brakes. Sliding is not stopping or controllable. I've had to yell at some city people to let off the brakes after popping a hill on gravel, 1 was starting to slide into the middle of the road into an oncoming truck and not slowing down. She panicked after seeing the truck which was in it's lane and not speeding. Plus with smooth (or really most) tires your not digging when sliding, just piling a few rocks in front of the tires. Like ice in nice weather.lol
Well jerking the wheel to avoid a cow in the road isn't going to work either. I understand the concept and it's like anti lock brakes which is why they made them though in an emergency like this one there wasn't time. For what time there was it was best the dig in to slow down to lesson the impact and the ABS would of taken that option away.

Morning, weather called for 10% chance of rain, well looks like it's snowing and isn't going to stop all day, my weather rock is accurate again. Maybe if it lets up and I feel springy enough I will fab up a way to sink a bucket of sorts in the water to a reading on my GPM, which requires hauling out water pump and all the fixings to pull water out. Miserable weather day as I see it might just turn to rain later.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
G’mornin! Pups are having a relatively quiet morning. I see Boone found something else scary to get into. Idk where he finds this stuff! Anyway I can’t let him back out until I can remove whatever it is he got into.
He seems to be slowly learning to not pick on Fen. Too slow for mt taste but learning anyway. Looks like another rough day, judging by my pain receptors. We leave for Calif Fri. Be gone a week. Gotta figure out how to pack enough dogfood for Boone as he eats 5 cups a day. 😳

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Guess you better get some screw in anchors & strap it down. 🥴
It was anchored with 24" Ls made out of rebar thru front runner. The runner is still stacked down just not attached due to brackets shearing, LOL. I need to upgrade to the 24" earth screws directly attached to the 2x4 uprights.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
. They are starting a concrete pour that cannot stop and will run 24-7 until it is completed.
OMG that's a lot of concrete I remember when they did concrete here for the house, then the drive and then the barn drive. The house took half a day or more - concrete truck after concrete truck down the dirt road. Fun to watch when you're on the receiving end and all is going well.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lunch break. Not working on pen. Been fooling with new mom and triplets. Pinto is staying in the hoop shelter, not going out on field. So I shut gate and moved a water bucket out for the rest of the fat girls. I fed Pinto and gave her some alfalfa. When she finished, I left gate open, ewes came in to eat her crumbs, went out but Pinto stayed. I closed gate, gave her a little more alfalfa and I’ll just listen to her and keep the other fat girls out.

Then I sharpened a hoe and machete to make war on thistles. I broke the hoe handle. Got another hoe, sharpened it. Chopped more thistles. Tired now. I’ll bag them up so I can put them in the trash.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had bright idea to mow fields😋. Couple acres went well....ventured to 2nd field, again, ok. 3rd one was going well until it wasn't! 😳. Soft, wet area and rears spinning. Hmmm, turned mower off, lifted it and pondered the mud. Then, used front end loader to lift and push back. A foot at a time but, got myself out! 👍 Made the wise decision to call it a day for mowing🤣.

Now, a late lunch and decide what else to do. Things are wet. Home tomorrow & Monday -- more then 🤔

Maybe I'll just walk out and check everyone, again 🫤

ETA...I did rustle up a couple rabbits, 3 field rats & 1 black snake....during the mow. First snake of season.

Last edited:

Latest posts