Coffee anyone ?

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well... ÷×_[$% !!!!!!

So, last week I come up to get an eye injection. I drove up Monday, checked into the hotel, and that night became horrid sick with norovirus.... canceled my appointment Tuesday morning, extended my hotel stay by 2 nights... so 3 nights being super sick in a hotel... on Thursday when I was mobile again, called the eye place, and they couldn't squeeze me in, doc had surgery. Blah, blah....

Made an appointment for this week, drive home.

Spent the weekend at home.

Sunday after coffee hour I started to drive back up to Anchorage....

Then, with just under 60 miles left... cars come to a standstill .... the road is closed. (Only road, no way to go around). Also, very bad to zero cell service... we were still in the mountains.

Turns out that there was a bad crash, fatalities. And so everyone waited for maybe 5 hours ..... and then the highway was opened back up.

I got to my hotel at 10pm... and the stupid vending machine was busted... I didn't want to bother calling the front desk... so, I just forced myself to drink the tap water (couldn't drink much, tastes nasty)...

Then... this morning I show up to get my eye injection... tell the lady at the desk my name....

She looks me up and says my appointment is for the 12th.

Today is not the 12th.

Habe I mentioned that Anchorage hotel rooms are insane in the summer???

Lady is clearly an angel... she squeezed me in!

So yes, I have had my eye shot already, and am now having breakfast!

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Turns out that there was a bad crash, fatalities. And so everyone waited for maybe 5 hours ..... and then the highway was opened back up.
Sad to hear about fatal accident.
Lady is clearly an angel... she squeezed me in!

So yes, I have had my eye shot already, and am now having breakfast!
So glad they were able to fit you in!!

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Morning everyone!!!
4 DAYS TO GO!!!
Had my Bachelorette Party on Sat June 8 and I'm finally feeling like myself. Going to attach a few pics for Y'all. Yes, it was a fun night and YES, what you are thinking is on the headband.
1718104981659.png

Tried everything on before going to the party. Think I may have lost some pounds since last August when I said yes to the dress.
1718105074332.png

At dinner- Sand Dollar Beach Kitchen Midlothian, Va
1718105126745.png

Before headed to dinner- I'm in camo dress, MoH (green dress), Stand in Mother of the Bride (blue dress), Bridesmaids (colorful dress next to me and black dress with jean jacket).
1718105250113.png

At South Beach bar Midlothian, VA
1718105309236.png

The headband got lots of attention. LoL
I had 2 Bridesmaids refuse to go seeing how the one couldn't bring her boyfriend. It was a LADIES NIGHT and none of us had our significant others there.

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Going to hit 90°F today for the first time this season which I'm not worried about. Back in 2021 it hit 105°F by this day, with 40 mph plus winds ripping across the North Dakota plains while we were taking down grain bins, it was like a hair dryer on high with no shade to escape. Didn't get below 100°F till September that year and was a wake up to potential of how hot it could get, it made about 112° to 115°F that year. Nothing compared to the middle east.

Got transmission pulled, took longer than wanted based on trying to do a video on it, will come later of pulling it. Now comes the fun of musical chairs with semi and dump truck, taking semi out and putting dump truck in to pull that transmission and put in the other one.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Corner posts are IN, most gate posts are IN !! Though there is a huge huge boulder (talking mini-van size -- had to be chemically busted into two when we built or it would have BEEN THE dining room o_O) just inside one to be fence line and is about 4-4 1/2 ft high, fence is 5 ft. wondering if lambs would try to jump out???. Not sure the bobcat can move it.
Pulled up my first ever garlic - wowzers!! It's curing in a cool garage cabinet. Can hardly wait to try it. One more garlic bed to dig up but I'm waiting for the garlic scapes on those.

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Corner posts are IN, most gate posts are IN !! Though there is a huge huge boulder (talking mini-van size -- had to be chemically busted into two when we built or it would have BEEN THE dining room o_O) just inside one to be fence line and is about 4-4 1/2 ft high, fence is 5 ft. wondering if lambs would try to jump out???. Not sure the bobcat can move it.
Pulled up my first ever garlic - wowzers!! It's curing in a cool garage cabinet. Can hardly wait to try it. One more garlic bed to dig up but I'm waiting for the garlic scapes on those.
There is nothing that can’t be resolved by the use of explosives. :lol: