Coffee anyone ?

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
about 4-4 1/2 ft high, fence is 5 ft. wondering if lambs would try to jump out???. Not sure the bobcat can move it.
For that section, put in a super tall Tpost at either end of stretch and run another width of wire above. It doesn't have to be as tight since it is visual deterrent.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
The boulder is staying put. DH on the way to TSC to get 8ft T-posts. Only a foot taller than the ones we're using for the fencing (5ft fence) tallest they've got. We'll set those in and add fencing on top so that should take care of that possibility. Of course it's a good thing I don't have goats because they'd probably take on the challenge :lol:

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
The eggs put into the incubator after the bear slaughter had a LOW hatch rate.... brand new incubator, I was out of town.... so the kid who set it up didn't realize he had to plug the turner in separately..... so, the eggs didn't turn at all the first 2 weeks.

So.... uh.... 2 chicks. Both are golden spangled Spitz. Cute little infants.

Nice that the incubator is now empty... my shipped Muscovy eggs finally showed up.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Another day that went in wrong direction! Yes, DD has her mower down sick -- been close to a month. But other things took repair $$ (like a $700 AC replacement & almost $500 vet bill) anyway, she asked me to take to local repair w/ trailer. Had her tell me what was wrong/how acting, etc. I went there and fixed it 😳👍 wasn't what she thought and degreaser, water hose, several adjustments, some deck fixes -- yes, general maintenance basically. Saved her a few hundred in shop charges!

10 yr old machine, we may need to put on a new carb. Definitely blades -- which I had a new set of -- she'll get to help me switch those out and clean up. Needs to do her share! 🙄🫤. I'll take tractor down over weekend to lift the front end. I'm not wanting to be the mechanic here but, seems I often am. 🤷

Mainly, it set some garden things off another day 🥴😞

But it's what we do....as moms, right? :lol:

Last edited:

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Another day that went in wrong direction! Yes, DD has her mower down sick -- been close to a month. But other things took repair $$ (like a $700 AC replacement & almost $500 vet bill) anyway, she asked me to take to local repair w/ trailer. Had her tell me what was wrong/how acting, etc. I went there and fixed it 😳👍 wasn't what she thought and degreaser, water hose, several adjustments, some deck fixes -- yes, general maintenance basically. Saved her a few hundred in shop charges!

10 yr old machine, we may need to put on a new carb. Definitely blades -- which I had a new set of -- she'll get to help me switch those out and clean up. Needs to do her share! 🙄🫤. I'll take tractor down over weekend to lift the front end. I'm not wanting to be the mechanic here but, seems I often am. 🤷

Mainly, it set some garden things off another day 🥴😞

But it's what we do....as moms, right? :lol:
Good mom!

Did you make her take notes?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Take notes??? She was at work! 😉😂. She gets the "lesson" when she helps put blades on....finishes the machine cleaning, etc. Great kid -- doesn't ask much from me so, I don't mind helping. She took off last week -- vac time -- and pd dearly to have a vet come out to put down her 16 y/o rescue dog she'd had for years....wouldn't put her thru the trauma of going to an office as she was shutting down and you couldn't move well, painful and it was "time".

Anyway, looking at mower, I felt I could do more to check it before loading it. Worked ok 😁 as it happened. Wanted to save her some $$ because her budget was blown.

THEN -- back up at my house, I decided I would make myself go do some garden work!! (Even tho I didn't especially want to) Pulled and re pounded 9 t-posts...along 50'row of pole limas. Weeded row. Will add CPs Fri and mulch. Added cardboard & mulched bed of peppers....same with short row of eggplant. Laid cardboard & mulch in center row of 75' tomatoes. Between now & Sat I'll add t-posts & CPs, spread mulch.... :idunno :old :thTopped all water, fed everyone as needed.

I'm DONE!! Showered, washed hair and enjoying some wine!! I'm thinking early to bed! 🥱 Certainly fulfilled my daily exercise.