Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! Already drank mine but there is plenty. Got to get the animals fed and cared for, going to pick up the grand daughters. Son in law has to write a 10 page paper that is due today, so we are keeping the kids so he can have the needed peace and quiet to concentrate. LOL He is working on his Masters degree to become a school principal.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Had coffee early.....now @ 4:00 it's 97, in the shade on my back porch!! All the animals are standing in the shade of trees, sheds, whatever! I dumped and refilled all the troughs with nice cool well water...am now INSIDE having a cool drink. Sweat wet, stink, got feed & watering finished. It is horrid out there!! I feel badly for all of the animals. The goats & horses are tolerating, chickens panting and almost stopped laying -- what I get is small and seldom. Can't blame them! Have a week of this and then, MAYBE some rain Thursday. Nice 4 days off :D. Won't get a lot done with this.

This heat stroke....uhhh, weather....is all over the SE. We are all suffering. But I am going to whine....:D

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh Winter how I miss you! lol
Screenshot_20180702-170915.jpg

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score

MatthewsHomestead

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Today should be a mostly simple day. I have a deer to cape and get started and aside from the regular rounds all I have extra to do is get my chicks set up in their next step brooder and come up with a shade plan for my chicken and turkey duo and the ducks....

And I could start building the new rabbit houses.... But I don't want to. It's been a crazy few days, sticking to the rearranging and the deer today. Easy stuff only. Buahahaha.......:lol:

Garden gave me an entire 5gallon bucket full of banana peppers alone yesterday!!!:weeei need to take a pick of the one humongous zucchini I picked. And tons of squash! I have a green thumb after all!
(Sorry, after days of being MIA I'm a bit wound this am)....(or maybe it's the coffee....?)

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I will join ya -- I'd like double bacon on my biscuit, please. :)
Been on coffee for a while.

I'm heading out for tractor diesel in a few. Lots of lifting and pulling today. So much I want to do but with the heat -- who knows. It sure takes it out of you fast. You go out pumped to work and quickly are a drooping flower.

With you on the shade. All my various animals, fields, pens, have shade but they've hinted that fans & a/c would be a positive! It is stifling out there. News showed a totally RED US map. Out West some 112 temps and East Coast mostly pushing 100 -- then there's the heat index!. Unreal.

Gotta get a move on while it's still in the 80's. :frow

EVERYONE drink water!!!!!

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
I will join ya -- I'd like double bacon on my biscuit, please. :)
Been on coffee for a while.

I'm heading out for tractor diesel in a few. Lots of lifting and pulling today. So much I want to do but with the heat -- who knows. It sure takes it out of you fast. You go out pumped to work and quickly are a drooping flower.

With you on the shade. All my various animals, fields, pens, have shade but they've hinted that fans & a/c would be a positive! It is stifling out there. News showed a totally RED US map. Out West some 112 temps and East Coast mostly pushing 100 -- then there's the heat index!. Unreal.

Gotta get a move on while it's still in the 80's. :frow

EVERYONE drink water!!!!!
Stay cool and rest often!

Latest posts