Coffee anyone ?

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yep, first heard it early this morning. Wondering just how fast that limo was going to kill everyone inside. I ASSUME none were wearing seat belts but ALL died at the scene? Very bad.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh my pants! I need a vacation. Or some spiked coffee! Lol. Any thoughts on putting weight on a horse? I was told today to soak beet pulp with a couple beers.....?
For many years I have kept my horses on a beet pulp based pellet feed. They love it and as seniors now, they have always looked very good on it. I can vouch for beet pulp for putting weight on a horse. Sadly, my 29 year old gelding has Cushings and laminitus and has lost weight. My 31 year old Tennessee Walker mare has COPD and struggles to breathe, she is getting worse. They might not make it much longer. :hit I'll be needing something "spiked" myself....

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh my pants! I need a vacation. Or some spiked coffee! Lol. Any thoughts on putting weight on a horse? I was told today to soak beet pulp with a couple beers.....?

I was told to add a bit of good oil.

:hu

I used olive. Start small, increase the amount slowly (as with all horse diet changes). I can't remember how much we ended up at... I think 1/2 a cup of olive oil once a day poured over his feed.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've used Blue Seal feeds for over 30 years. Have had my seniors on Sentinal Senior for many years. It is BP based & extruded, so the "pellets" are more like puffed wheat cereal. Large & puffy, easy to eat. Yes, oil can help, also.

Is she quidding her hay/grass? Slobbering food?

Have you had her teeth checked? Often the jaw teeth can be jagged and hurt when they chew, even cutting their gum or tongue. So, painful to eat. Vets can file them down and all is good for a while. You can check them for such things. I've had one that the tooth had gone almost sideways and grown was long, instead of grinding down with all others as they do when they chew.