Coffee anyone ?

MatthewsHomestead

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Good morning! Have to take our oldest to the dr today. He has had a "poison oak" rash for 2 1/2 weeks now and it's still not getting better. He isn't allergic and has never kept it this long before....:th

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Highs tomorrow supposed to be low 70s followed by a few nights in the low 50s. Time for open windows!
Yesterday's high was almost 80! Today is going to be about the same, high 79 degrees, tomorrow as well. After that it will be down to 50's for high.

He has had a "poison oak" rash for 2 1/2 weeks now and it's still not getting better. He isn't allergic and has never kept it this long before
I hope he gets some relief!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning! Have to take our oldest to the dr today. He has had a "poison oak" rash for 2 1/2 weeks now and it's still not getting better. He isn't allergic and has never kept it this long before....:th
I think sensitivity to things like poison ivy and oak can change, especially with repeated exposure. While he may not have been allergic to it before, he may be now.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am allergic to poison oak, ivy and Virginia creeper. When exposed to it, I wash with a weak bleach solution. It kills the itch and dries up the rash. If I get to it right away, I don’t even break out. A great topical painkiller is in the sunburn section, aloe Vera gel with lidocaine. It’s great for bee stings, ant and other insect bites.

Thanks for the coffee. I made pumpkin spice zucchini bread with my last zucchini of the season.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sunny here. Mid 80's today, with Michael rolling thru Thurs night, so rain and all day Fri. Supposed to cool to 70 days & 40 nights after that -- for a few days anyhow. Been about 15 degrees above norm for last 6 weeks. Makes for grass growth but, scary for what "might" come to make up for it. :D

Tried to spin milk for cream last night - late. Did something wrong (milk not warm enough, I think?) and had overflow everywhere! :barnie Cleaning up at 1AM !! Then, got confused and thought -- OMG, did I milk??? :ep Stopped and checked clock, realized it was now 2AM and YES -- I had milked, fed, closed coops, etc., hours ago. Whew! Dang Sr moment :old

You just can't do things so "out of time frame" :lol:

Coffee is definitely in right time frame now! :caf Enjoy!

Everyone stay safe with the hurricane -- yeah, it's gonna give a lot us something to do. I'm making sure there is some hay for the twinkle toe does during the rain event. At least it's moving fast, not lingering like Flo.

Duckling and Spider

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hanging in the nursery at co op... (I will be sincerely glad when my turn is finished) when ' raining....waiting to hear from the bank.... Coffee is cold...
:hugs
953B28A6-D250-4F41-AF2A-F4D725CA3B89.gif

Duckling and Spider

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
On the monster front, I found the solution for her! I had forgotten about the veggie tales song “God is Bigger than the Boogeyman”
We sing it throughout the day, and watch the YouTube video before bed. :thumbsup It works!
There is a good chance that I will be setting up the tent in the yard today. After tonight, we are expecting lows in the thirties. Not that I will definitely not try sleeping outside with her in that cold ( it isn’t like we can’t come back inside), but just in case, I would like to get one last night in the tent with her.