Coffee anyone ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
That is true. Use it or lose it.
The other day one my 2nd graders at VBS started in on how adults can't run and are slow.... I told them how I feel better and am more active now than 20 years ago... not sure they believed me but it's 100 % true. Kid's and critters have done that.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hmmmmm….@Bruce you need to chase a few goats, horses, kids and you learn fast :D You also learn to think like them, turn on a dime, juggle from foot to foot, and fall with grace...as they watch you lay there & cuss.

Bring back memories of catching your boys for handling?

I'm not as fast as 20 yrs ago but, I still give them something to think about. You do know you are never as fast as they are but, you can learn to maneuver more. OK, in your MIND you think you are as fast :lol: that thought corrects itself quickly :old

Now days, I do prefer those who come when called! :clap

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Back in the bad ol days, I could rope a steer or cow, run around a tree right quick and make a turn with the rope and snub off close to the tree to work on the animal.
No more.
There's an old car related adage that also applies to working livestock. "Better to be quick than fast"
(there IS a difference.)

MatthewsHomestead

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
our new pasture is looking amazing and even though NB has been over there, yesterday was his first official day that he was let out into the huge part. He. Was. In. Heaven. he is such a good boy. today is folding laundry, doing his hooves, cleaning up some sticks and things that could be potential trip hazards for him. have to deep muck the stalls and lay out new shavings. recent rain prevented a good muck and now everything is a nasty mixture mess. at least we shall have some good fertilizer! our VBS is this coming week.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today I'll be cooking down and making the last of plum jam. We pick wild plums, little cherry sized tart fruit, in the fence rows. So good! A neighbor gave us 2 gallons from her plum tree. I don't knw what kind it is, but it has silver dollar sized red plums that are sweet. We got suckers from that tree and planted them, they rooted and are growing.

I don't run anymore and haven't in a long time. Arthritis in my left knee tells me not to. If I run, I'll limp for a week. But I do a lot of walking and that has strengthened the muscles and ligaments around my knee. I take turmeric for the inflammation and that helps keep the pain down. I don't stop, even when I lurch from side to side like a staggering drunk, from the pain. Like I said, use it or lose it.

@Mini Horses I like the animals that come when called too!