Coffee anyone ?

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee?? Maybe a stiff drink! :D

Storm came through last night. BIG winds! I have about a 12X12 section of roof on a run in, blown apart --some of it sitting almost 300 ft away. A roof panel off of main barn (fiberglass one), big feed bins scattered about. AND about 100' of fence down directly between run-in damage and where some of the tin is....:ep going to survey the rest right now.. :idunno Oh, yeah, more storms late day into night from this system. :( Can't wait. Catch you later.

Oh -- had 4 goats out, also. That was easiest resolve. :lol: A real "wake me up" morning.
Wow that is a lot of wind. I wonder if you had a microburst.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
YEP -- could have been a LOT worse. All ok. Just some repairs. Closer look and there's a lot more tin to replace than estimated 12X12....more like whole one side, 12X30. Just $$ :D. It's all fixable.. Only 2 2x4's to replace, rest ok. Animals all safe. 4 fence posts (I have) & re-connect the fence. Easy Peasy.

AND it's 67 on my back porch! Been waking up to 75-80, with day to 95-98 + heat index to 105. ONLY 67 :lol: Got AC off. Save some electric. :clap 75 inside & no chance to heat up. Life is good.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
If ya had winds like that come thru....keep your eyes looking in the trees for somebody else's tin that got blown your way....could be some on the side of the road, too.....glad all are okay!!.....sounds like a good deal on the wood....just hope ya don't get much more, from damage that is.....:)

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee -- thanks!
Up & moving along this morning. Still only 66 out :yesss: It's overcast but they say clearing later, expect 77 high. What a relief!! That cool front is hanging out for a few days and I welcome it! :D Animals are enjoying it, too.

All day rains yesterday. Light, off & on type, all needed. The extreme heat had parched the ground and we truly needed the rains. Light chance of scattered today, not likely. Things smell so clean out there. Showers work.:D =D
Hated the down time -- life with weather on a farm -- flex!

Hope everyone else is having a welcome day, today! :frow

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on!
It's another beautiful day...60 degrees this morning!
Yesterday was the most beautiful day I can remember...the sky was blue and the wind was blowing...only got to 78 degrees and no humidity. I think today will be around the same :celebrate
The bunnies sure are happy in this weather.
I checked on the little kits born yesterday and the fosters...they're all doing so well :woot
Hope everyone has a great day!

Latest posts