Coffee anyone ?

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
o, how'd the dinner turn out?....was there any Grandma assistance, or just supervision....:)
The dinner was awesome! My grandson nailed the meatloaf. He's a math prodigy so he had no trouble doubling the recipe. Only input from gramma was to offer him a pair of gloves to wear while using his hands to mix.

We changed the menu a little. Postponed the mac and cheese so they could put potatoes and carrots around the meatloaf as it cooked. Oldest granddaughter washed and peeled veggies and youngest put a salad together. AND...drum roll please... they made bread! Four medium size loaves of homemade, delicious bread. GD1 discovered that it's a physical chore to make bread...she stirred and kneaded her little heart out. :love

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just looking or possibly bring home one?

I have a hard time leaving one behind, lol...as long as I can check out the moms condition....I would say "Pipers chance of riding home with me is about 150 percent. .

But you know I just have to leave myself SOME room to say no :lol:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@frustratedearthmother glad you are having coffee with us. I know you will add to your journal on SS once the grands have returned home. Should be some good stories. :D =D You are lucky to have a "few" grands. Here, only 1. A 16 y/o going on 25. :rolleyes: Not big into farm, per say but straight A honor roll, a loner, so it goes. I'm still thrilled even tho far less interaction. Enjoy yours wanting to "do".

Coffee late this AM but, nice and quiet. That's good for a change. :D I'm checking my list and at the top is a trip to repair shop for a looksee/estimate on front end of truck -- you know the ball joints, control arms, stabilizers -- all that stuff. Something needs fixing, I'm sure, before new alignment & tires. It's hard to get time for these things. But I need to do. Off today, so making time. Then, I can look at the $$$ end of it.:( Let's face it, we rarely go to a shop and get out "free".

Lilly, a goat, was a WITCH at milking last night! Two kids bawling not far away added to her mood -- didn't help mine, either! :eek: She likes calm to milk -- it wasn't there. :he I will give some feed to those boys, just before I go to feed/milk her this AM. Can't WAIT for them to be gone. :D =D Actually, those 5 little boys and a couple mature does will be my "new tire" money in 2 wks. The does with doelings are not nearly as upset at weaning as those with bucklings. :idunno

Will assess the 1/2 barn roof loss from storm last week. See what I need, what can be reused (tin) and get that lined up for Friday fix. It's a very large run-in barn, so still in use, just need one side re-roofed -- A frame type. DS says he'll help. We'll see. We aren't always on the same page. :old Would be nice to have help this time.

Everyone stay cool!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Too late Bruce :lol:...I swear, the fever made me do it :lol:
Did you get two? My excuse, errrr reason, is so they have a friend when they get to a new home! It's true!!! the others will shun them for a while and a friend "along for the ride" sure helps!

:thumbsup Goat math at it's finest moment!

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Did you get two? My excuse, errrr reason, is so they have a friend when they get to a new home! It's true!!! the others will shun them for a while and a friend "along for the ride" sure helps!

:thumbsup Goat math at it's finest moment!

Almost !!!! , lol....but she is staying inside with us till she is 4 weeks old and I give her her CDT and worm her, plus I am fostering a puppy inside, she will get properly introduced to the wethers and doe's before she is left with them :lol:

Latest posts