1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Update on our 4 piggies - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Coffee anyone ?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sourland, May 7, 2017.

1. Aug 23, 2019
    Devonviolet

Devonviolet Herd Master

Well I'm glad it wasn't anything serious and that you had a good outcome. :) It's always best to eliminate growth (of any kind), to minimize risk if it turning into something worse.

2. Aug 23, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

That would be me. I did it, I own this one. GB and I had a disagreement, I demanded an apology. I have been the target of his rudeness on more than one occasion, and blown it off, but this time, something snapped and I let him know it. I was ticked off. I even had a moderator check in on it to make sure that I was not out of line. I like GB, have nothing against him, he is/was an asset to this forum and I respect his vast knowledge. He is also known for his rudeness.

He is not coming back because I demanded an apology? :lol::lol: Good grief. You know, if you can't take it, don't dish it out.

Now y'all can pile on me and I will shoulder the blame. I'm a big girl and I can take criticism.

3. Aug 23, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

I did not intentionally underline that and have no idea why it posted that way. Operator difficulty I suppose.

4. Aug 23, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

B&B Happy goats Herd Master Golden Herd Member

@Baymule... ..I for one would like to personally thank you for calling him out..
    When I first joined BYH I had many run ins with the rudeness and interruption of conversations I was having on my journal. He was snarky insulting and had me thinking of leaving BYH, You and Latestarter :flypigconvinced me to not let him run me off.
    I have read new persons posts and he would be so rude to people..I love learning, and I appreciate people treating others as they would like to be treated...
    too many people on this site sat back and said nonthing to him. Thank you, thank you, thank you ,...for standing up to @ greybeard,
    it's too bad he wasn't able to humble himself and apologize to you and the others he insulted purposely .
    I have been biting my tongue all day, thank you :thumbsup

5. Aug 23, 2019
    Jesusfreak101

Jesusfreak101 Loving the herd life

i had hardly any contact with him but i did see his past post and they were rude for the most part. i wondered if it was just the um way he spoke without knowing it. some relatives of mine are that way. either way its hard for me sometimes to make sure i dont come off weird in forums as my only contact most of the time is my kids so lol i tend to forget adult conversations are like.

6. Aug 23, 2019
    Bruce

Bruce Herd Master

Yes but that would be one long wait! I wonder if the doctor's office has comfortable beds for over weekend guests

7. Aug 23, 2019
    Mini Horses

Mini Horses Herd Master

Well, I occasionally have senior moments -- NO anesthesia involved :lol::lol::lol: So, FEM & Devonviolet, you're good! :D

Right now, it's chocolate and wine time. :old Another type of "senior moment" -- you know, the "it's good for you" part and I prefer to forget all the other stuff about it. The French & Italians know it's good for you. :D =D Besides, I worked all day and I deserve to relax & enjoy. Doing just that!

It's been raining off & on for last couple of hours :( Do not need more right now, plenty wet out there!!! This everyday thing is no fun. :he

8. Aug 23, 2019
    AmberLops

AmberLops True BYH Addict

I agree...
    I'm still new to this forum but my experience with him was not always good. It's great to help and offer advice, but insulting people and making them feel less-than is not okay.
    And unless you like to make people feel that way, apologizing is not that hard to do.
    But I wish him the best.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  9. Aug 24, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

Good morning y’all. Coffee is cooking, got cream and sugar or honey. Breakfast is crepes wrapped around cottage cheese and drizzled with wild plum jelly that didn’t set. Since there is no fail in jelly, it’s wild plum syrup.

10. Aug 24, 2019
    Mini Horses

Mini Horses Herd Master

Gosh, that sounds good, Bay. Something to do with all this ricotta I am making!! AND I have some wild blackberry syrup (& some jam...was busy picking along with the birds!) It's delish!

Goat milk is abundant :D =D:D =D and while tasty, useful, and on and on --- how much can I use up :idunno:D. One being milked 1X day but heavy producer, two more I'm trying to dry off, still gotta work them through. Work schedule is in my way! Again. I hope that I can get some hard cheese made. Freezer is cheese & milk when you open it. My bad. Will use the frozen for cheese in a couple weeks when I have the time to devote to it. Saanens are big producers. These are 1/2 & 1/4 Nubians, so good cream.:D =D

NOW -- STILL -- we have rains, off & on, with some of it heavy -- for next 5 days :th Have already had 9" in past week. It's better than a drought but, too much, to soon. Where's the faucet? Wish I could find it! We need some controls.:D