Coffee anyone ?

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mornin', y'all! :frow

70° at dawn this morning; heading for a high in the upper 70's. Seriously breezy out there, too. Seems like a perfect day to open the windows and "auto clean" the oven!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning...last night my hubby made me lobster, crab, shrimp and homemade French fries to ring in the new year!
Not to mention Peanut butter and jelly!

I'll probably do a "pick up" for groceries, order it online then just show up and they bring it out. (I hate shopping also.)
I'd trust them to pick out boxed things but I want to choose my own veg and meat.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
yesterday We found 4 more duck eggs in the barn and two ducks are acting broody....hmmm:). My does’ udders are developing nicely..the Pygmy’s feels like a nice grapefruit! She’s due January 31! And we got Slim Jim, the Hampshire pig out of my big barn, into his own barn!! Yeah!! Everyone have a great Saturday!!

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
got to love broody ducks mine are the most vicious birds we have. every time they have hatch out any duckling heaven forbid you touch their babies they have been known to bite and wing beat you lol. we picked up their ducklings and they jump and grab their duckling out of your hand they are baby hogs. my geese are that bad unless your my husband who likes to make them mad. i am allowed to hold the gosling because they know i give the baby back unlike my husband who wants to see how mad they will get he go issues.
We out of three houses we saw yesterday we only really liked one. Grant the others we liked but they had some issues that made us say no one wasn't level, and had some rot they tried to cover up with a piece of carpet also had a barn that they hooked up direct electric to but did so in a very unsafe manner. they also had a pool which in my and hubby opinion is a very big negative large water bill major upkeep and unsafe for kids expecially ours who would just jump in.
another was off a major high and i mean just easement between house and high way, also had a condemned house to one side and another that should have been condemned (was also in poth were the animal limits and it was on acre and you have to have 2 to have animals). the one we likes was recently remodel, had a nice sized acre with walnut tree possible more then one, had a clemintine tree that the kids were all over(had ripe fruit on it had to beat them off with a stick jk). it was alittle on the smaller of the three houses but its in a nicecountry stymied neighbor hood which seemed to have lots of kids in there which would be great for the kids. the other one we interested in is Leesville, the only other option is his grandparents home which there no telling when we could move in, foundation issues, pumping issues, the over hangs (covered porches) the wooden post are no longer connected to the concert foundation they move freely and don't really hold any weight so major safety issue. we also would need to update/change alot of things for instance the carpet that through out the whole house including in the kitchen, dinning room pretty much every room except the one of the two bathrooms. also no telling what other issues its 40+ year old home that they have let break down with no upkeep in maintenance oh and it needs a new ac unit the repair tech we have had to come out multiple times to do temporary fixes i believe this last year technically (i don't remember the problem) also another major problem. is one of their daughter lives with them so that's an issue as well. lots to think about granted it has five acres, but we wondering the amount we would have to put into it first. The other concern is that his aunts might fight that we get the house/land in court saying their parents werent mentally sound. lots consider and not much time to do so.

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
his grandparents home which there no telling when we could move in, foundation issues, pumping issues, the over hangs (covered porches) the wooden post are no longer connected to the concert foundation they move freely and don't really hold any weight so major safety issue. we also would need to update/change alot of things for instance the carpet that through out the whole house including in the kitchen, dinning room pretty much every room except the one of the two bathrooms. also no telling what other issues its 40+ year old home that they have let break down with no upkeep in maintenance oh and it needs a new ac unit the repair tech we have had to come out multiple times to do temporary fixes i believe this last year technically (i don't remember the problem) also another major problem. is one of their daughter lives with them so that's an issue as well. lots to think about granted it has five acres, but we wondering the amount we would have to put into it first. The other concern is that his aunts might fight that we get the house/land in court saying their parents werent mentally sound. lots consider and not much time to do so.
"grandparents home which there no telling when we could move in,"
do you have a pressing need to be out of your current house quickly? If not, then I would say it's time for a Sunday evening sitdown. ARE THE GRANDPARENTS COMPETENT? Have all parties present. Hubby, aunts, grandparents. Air it out. Make sure EVERYONE knows what's happening. If the aunts have heartburn about this, best to know about it now. Backdoor agreements between you and grandparents INVITES problems down the road. Maybe even prepare, in writing, what your understanding of the deal is, and after the discussion is over, get everyone to sign. Will fare you well if there's trouble down the road.
Physical problems with the structure? Depending on the seriousness of the foundation problems, everything else seems minor...and probably less costly than the downpayment portion of a conventional mortgage. New pump, new AC, and new carpet? Done.
Does the one aunt HAVE somewhere else to live? I see her claim being the most serious. "I cared for them when they were old and infirm, and now they sell the home out from under me."
Some families balk at "breaking up the homeplace" idea. Put in a clause giving right of first refusal to family members should you ever decide to sell.