Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mini. It gets swap butt humid here.....stay in Va. If you can deal with the politics 🥵

I know about FL -- had a house & business in Homestead for 8 yrs until Andrew visited. And a condo in Melbourne. Yeppers -- hot, humid, most days a quick afternoon shower, winters there were sweater weather for me and hat, gloves. heavy jackets for locals. Fire ants!! Armadillos. Yeah, been to FL.

I flew in every month, stayed one week. Drive motor home down mid Jan....stayed about 2 months....flew home 1 week to VA ea month then. WHEW. Grew tired of it and sold all FL. That's been a long time and I have only been back one time.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know about FL -- had a house & business in Homestead for 8 yrs until Andrew visited. And a condo in Melbourne. Yeppers -- hot, humid, most days a quick afternoon shower, winters there were sweater weather for me and hat, gloves. heavy jackets for locals. Fire ants!! Armadillos. Yeah, been to FL.

I flew in every month, stayed one week. Drive motor home down mid Jan....stayed about 2 months....flew home 1 week to VA ea month then. WHEW. Grew tired of it and sold all FL. That's been a long time and I have only been back one time.

HELP ....I'M stuck here ....and I can get out .....:lol:
Swamp butt weather will here again shortly 🥵🥵🥵

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
@B&B Happy goats ummm you could move north... but not sure how far you'd need to go to avoid swamp butt.... :idunno even hear there's 2,3 months with potential for it.

Good day, sold all 5 of the polish buns I had listed.... they are headed to Main first of February. End of February the 3 Velveteen lops are headed to Montana. We really needed the cage space. Have a mini rex due early February, pretty sure she took. :clap
Made it to the kids appointments, dd1 will need her speech therapy 3x a week now. We only had time to brush the horses while they ate their suppers. The daylight is staying a bit longer so hoping we'll get more time to work them.

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Good day, sold all 5 of the polish buns I had listed.... they are headed to Main first of February. End of February the 3 Velveteen lops are headed to Montana.
First time I've noticed this come up. I'm interested in a rabbit breed that I can't find within 1000 miles of me. How do you ship live bunnies?

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
First time I've noticed this come up. I'm interested in a rabbit breed that I can't find within 1000 miles of me. How do you ship live bunnies?
Maybe a dedicated animal shipper? FedEx and UPS don't ship live animals, don't know that USPS would ship a live mammal though they do day old poultry and occasionally aquarium fish. I know you can get POL pullets from some hatcheries so they have some way.

I got stuck in the driveway...it’s a gravel driveway but the mud is so thick after the thick ice we had that the gravel is nowhere to be seen...ugh
The "road" up into my woods is like that! I figured it had been cold enough and the ground would be frozen so I could get the thinner branches from some trees I cut down in the fall. The big parts had been dragged out to the field, the smaller parts piled by the side of the "road" for later retrieval.

Nope, hit water between the cistern in the field and the natural wetland 100' north of it. Then got to the woods 200' farther on and the trenches I had made with the tractor in the fall when it hadn't rained for days. There was water running down the tracks even though it was below freezing. Based on the fact that it was reasonably solid at the bottom of the foot deep ruts and what I saw in the dirt/mud that had been pushed up to the middle and sides someone dumped rock there sometime in the past. I guess it all sank. I think it would take a LOT of 5' tractor buckets of rock to get it anything like a reasonably solid surface.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Could somebody check their calendar for me, please? Mine reads "January," but the news headlines read more like "March." An EF1 tornado rearranged cars at a school in Loris; a guy got bitten by a shark in Rodanthe. I'm slogging around in shirt sleeves with the temps in the mid-70's; can this really be January?
Just wait, we hit mid 70's and beautiful sun on Sunday...... supposed to get snow and freezing rain this next weekend with temps dropping into the 20's; and 30's during the day next Monday...... Yep, it's the NEW NORMAL.....

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
USPS will ship live poultry, adult size as well as baby chicks. Lots of Purebred show birds are shipped if no one can go to a show to pick it up. Have lots of poultry breeders that help transport birds from here to there too.... but USPS was still shipping adults recently.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Generally with they go with other breeders that are attending a big show (for a small fee $25-30). I have sent rabbits coast to coast and several even to Alaska and Canada. The Polish go with a gal whom I have sent many with over the years to a show in Pennsylvania the buyer is going to the same show, and is from Maine.
Velveteen lops are being picked by a gal who does a rabbit transport trip monthly (I guess for fun as its not a $ maker) She is also the buyer. FB has been my main source of sales over the years. Just have to be creative.