Coffee anyone ?

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Alright folks we need a topic I need to keep my mind off the fact that I can't go home and check on one of my prize does that was due yesterday. It's a bit scary cuz she looks like she's swallowed two hot air balloons.
Sorry you can't be there to check on your doe.
Just start a topic and we'll chime in. Go.

r3bauer

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Alright folks we need a topic I need to keep my mind off the fact that I can't go home and check on one of my prize does that was due yesterday. It's a bit scary cuz she looks like she's swallowed two hot air balloons.
How about Hobbies? Outside of our animals, gardens, and acreages, what does everyone do with the little free time you have? I took up woodworking and also power lift and volunteer and a veterans center.

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
well between my goats and cows and horse and working 60 hours a week milking and kidding season I'm not sure I have any hobbies anymore but when I did Iwell betw do most type of sports, hiking,
distance bike rides, and I like to quilt.
there's a topic I'd like to discuss my last hiking trip included solo overnight backpacking in the backcountry of Yellowstone does anybody have suggestions on good places to go? I don't mind some steep hiking but I don't want to mountain climb. The 900 feet up in a mile wasn't bad.

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
By the way, yes I know there are bears but you have a better chance of getting struck by lightning and I do a lot of chores in the midwest in tornado alkeyawith lightning I've got a better chance there. Besides we all have to choose what we're willing to risk to live a little some people go down the side of mountains pomskies where there are no ski slopes. I wouldn't go down nope no way.

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
If anyone has a favorite part of the Appalachian trail especially if it's near North Carolina I would love to hear about that too.

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
okay that's a no-go how about everybody chip in with the one disease or condition or problem that you learned about with your animals that you wish you had known before it happened to her that you would most like to warn people about.

Last edited:

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well, I'm home and she still holding on to them. It's time to do chores now. Come on Gigi it's a weekend I can take care of them let's have them before the middle of the night.
IMG_20190302_124251003~2.jpg

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
It was so nice of her to wait for you!

Well, unlike cold places there's only so much you can take off, but you can always put another layer on. Though to be really honest I'd rather be somewhere in the middle not over 80 and not below 25.
I agree, that is a nice range.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on,
Highs in the 40s... of course I am fighting a virus... but spring seems to be here