Coffee anyone ?

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
i need to a better solution for my goats fumping out their minerals... i checked according to the famacha card and they are borderline... probaly do to the lack of minerals once they dump them they do not eat them the naughty brats. i need to get a fecal done as well... :idunno i hoping to possible worm this winter when they stop milking so i have two months are more before i milk again. goats can be brats and why do they walk near their water trough then poop into it...:epokay i am done.

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
i need to a better solution for my goats fumping out their minerals... i checked according to the famacha card and they are borderline... probaly do to the lack of minerals once they dump them they do not eat them the naughty brats. i need to get a fecal done as well... :idunno i hoping to possible worm this winter when they stop milking so i have two months are more before i milk again. goats can be brats and why do they walk near their water trough then poop into it...:epokay i am done.
first on the water trough put it on the other side of the fence that have to stick their head through if you don't have a good way to do that cut up a cattle panel and make a square then cut holes in that grind it down if you need to on those edges and then they have to reach through I guess you could do it the whole concept with wood and not have to worry about it. As long as they have to reach through a fence to get to the water but can't poop in it.
As to the minerals right now I get the little two space feeding pan / mineral holder from tractor supply for $6 screw it on the wall of the shed / Barn high enough that they can get in it but have more trouble pooping in it. I am going to build them a feeder soon that they have to kind of stick their head in like a chicken nesting box that has a flip-top lid that I can just open and pour in mineral. I usually get two of those double pan feeder things and put two types of mineral in the one and baking soda in the other. I will go look at tractor supply and see if I can get the image for you when I have a chance

Last edited:

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Here @Jesusfreak101
2221351.jpg
$5.99
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...l-feeder-2x175-qt-capacity-black?cm_vc=-10005

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Try the cold process soap making , so easy....and NEVER use plastic when making soap....I have a huge stainless steel bowl that I fill with ice and water, then set my pyrex bowl inside it to make the cold process soap in, no burns, no problems...:thumbsup
Cold process is the only way I've tried so far! I'm glad it's easy for you :lol:
I'll try it again with a new recipe, i'll do the ice like you mentioned and no plastic this time :fl
@Jesusfreak101 gloves were not the only thing I was missing...goggles and a mask were missing too! :hide

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
the mineral container are the ones i have u tie them to the fence but some how they ekther dump them or they poop in them i probably move them near the waters when i do ypur fencing ideal.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Something ya can use for minerals is a "Y" connector for 4" pvc pipe.....ya will need a screw in cap and a unthreaded cap.....put the threaded cap in the bottom end and pour minerals into the top and push the other cap on top....they will lick the mineral from the shorter hole and when they need more ya just pull the top cap and put it in.....this can be mounted on a wall where rain can't get to it....if there are some fighting for it put another in another location....I wouldn't fill it up to the top, because the moisture can cause clumps, depending on how fast they eat it, I'd keep it about 3/4 full and it will fall down as the deplete it....:)

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
amber i am shocked :ep you live dangerpusly lol
my husband td me my crazy coming out today lol i was crying most of the morning now i laugh at the word pudding lol so excuse me if i seem crazy today lol:lol::lol::lol: