Coffee anyone ?

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
:hitThey failed due to the judges felt there was a rabbit with the wrong eye color from what was listed on its pedigree so a technicality. They'll be presented again next year

Wrong eye color can be the result of a weird gene (like brown eyes on a Blue rabbit), or it can be the result of a breeder mis-identifying a color (for example, blue-gray eyes on a white rabbit is an Ermine, not a Blue-Eyed White. If BEW is a recognized color for the breed, and Ermine isn't, then the rabbit is an unshowable color). Wrong eye color is a DQ; the judges were doing their job right. The breeder is at fault here, not the judges; they should know better than to bring a rabbit with a DQ for a presentation.:idunnoNow, if there was a broken claw, or a broken tooth, that sort of DQ could have happened in transit, and might not be the breeder's fault.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am guessing it was a lynx vs fawn color or something similar... two almost identical colors other than eyes and undercoat and can be hard to distinguish if the rabbit is young. Especially on the rex coats. All solids show together so it does seem a bit nit pickyn since both colors are allowed. (This is my guess of the problem ) But in reality it's an easy fix. Type is consistent which is way ahead where they were 5,6 years ago.
@Bunnylady MeWe is free for personal pages. $1.99 for other page

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am NO LONGER a "bus driver or rider"...:lol: … DGD is licensed and has a school parking permit. Today was my last day. It was good news. I do NOT have to hear a 5:30 alarm in AM; do not have to leave before daylight each morning. I am happy & it isn't even morning!!! :D:old :idunno Been a year & I feel relieved. :D =D

For those of you on Medicare, you know it is "open season" to switch from conventional to a "plan". Having never researched very far into this (I've never even used the Medicare I have paid for over 8 yrs), but decided to check this year. Now, I see that I can actually get to USE one of the plans without being sick or injured.:cool: They have a OTC benefit. So you can buy a good amount of "stuff" -- pain relief, bandages, skin care, vit/min, dental items, etc. They have quarterly amount you can spend for such (almost $300 a yr). I am thrilled at the prospect. :D Like, I only PAY now...with this I could pay and RECEIVE a benefit. WOOHOOO -- they will pay for my toothpaste, wrinkle cream, Alleve, bandaids,etc. Plus some limited dental pay outs for cleanings, minor work, etc. Yep, next week when I have a couple days off I'm gonna check out some of these plans! Heck I could spend a few hundred of "my payments" :D =D. They have the "silver sneekers" benefits, also. Means I could go to the local YMCA gym free. Nice in winter when some of our activities are slack -- some good equipment at ours. What a find.

My day has been great! Can sleep in tomorrow and "found" a way to spend $$$ a second time. :celebrate

Hope everyone else has such a great day!!! :yesss:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Maybe because the "others" say meat rabbits??

Here, I see adds for bunnies all the time!! Doesn't seem to be an issue. Dogs have been --but, seems to have slacked off with hunting & LGD types. The Chi & Poms still "disappear" from the listings pretty quick.

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Maybe because the "others" say meat rabbits??

Here, I see adds for bunnies all the time!! Doesn't seem to be an issue. Dogs have been --but, seems to have slacked off with hunting & LGD types. The Chi & Poms still "disappear" from the listings pretty quick.
Maybe...There are other rabbit breeders advertising their (non-meat) rabbits for sale under pets and most of their ads stay up constantly :hu

Latest posts