Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have abundance and are glad to share.

Which is WHY we plant too much! I sure wish you were next door because I'd drop the 30# of squash I just picked last evening on your doorstep!!!!! They will be blanched and frozen. No time to do more. My garden has NOT been as productive, overall, as I hoped but the first year on site, that was a pasture -- still wants to be:thI have been tilling the crap out of it and getting production, just not full amounts. NEXT year!! The 14 days of mid 90s and no rain are helping kill out the grasses & roots being turned up. Hope to get it under control for next season & expect some decent Fall crops this yr. I may black plastic & solarize it all winter. Some feel no-till is best and it IS easier. But to GET TO that you just have to till it out. IMO. Can't even dump loads of barn cleanings until I get these grass roots dug out, or I'm growing more of it again!

I spent a lot of time on one end of a machete yesterday, sweat, heat, dirt and all. Some places you just can't get the bushhog into. Have a pretty sizeable burn pile going on. Gonna rake up the crap I did cut by tractor and pile it on. Lot of weeks and don't want to leave it to kill out the grass in this 1/2 acre chicken yard -- and home to my fruit trees. Trust me, I was sure ready for bed last night. :D

Coffee is sure tasting good today! Mostly, it does but welcome this AM. Help yourself, nice big, fresh pot! Ahhh, plenty of fresh goat milk cream if you use it. Woke me up to get chores done.

Going to get with it on the squash! :frow:idunno:D =D

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Only the fence the house would be if it was a few feet closer. She just about cried when that part fell. One year she planted a small oak behind were we park and I didn't see it and ran it over she was upset to say the least. But she did planted it right behind where i had parked so there is that as well... either way she very attached to her plants.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well maybe the rest of that tree will out live her but I still think she better get herself mentally prepared. That big a hunk of tree doesn't break off without serious rot present. I think it would be quite visible with the piece gone.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Only the fence the house would be if it was a few feet closer. She just about cried when that part fell. One year she planted a small oak behind were we park and I didn't see it and ran it over she was upset to say the least. But she did planted it right behind where i had parked so there is that as well... either way she very attached to her plants.
Would she be less upset about the big tree if you were able to help her plant a replacement? That way you could take down the rotten one and she can see the new tree grow?

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Honestly doubt it and for being her age she gives me a run for my money on activity level she still drives posts (refuse help), still push mows( refuses help),
,still moves around the big barrel planters full of plants(refuses help(seeing a theme)), will swing a picj axe or sledge (refuses help), moves cinder blocks large pavers(refuses help). There is no stopping her or grandpa. They i believe grandpas is 82 and grandma 80 Or something to that effect. They let us only help with the cattle but that's about it. Grandpa still goes and shreds the fields and both will be outside all day long. We try to check on them if we see them outside but not much can you do to stop them or help when the refuse non stop.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks. Chores then off to prepare and have the 4H tractor driving event.
I did grind the rabbit I butchered and we had bunny meatballs. 2 out 3 kids liked them. My sweet Jocelyn isn't too keen on eating the bunnies. Hopefully she'll learn that it's not a bad thing. Picked green beans, celery, peas and more asparagus. The asparagus is really doing well this year, it's crazy. Kid's snapped the beans and hoping I get time to can them. We had some for supper last night.