Coffee anyone ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on. Rainy and windy today. School stuff today and I might work on the kids’ Halloween costumes. Then out to the farm. Here’s a funny for you
A81AAF85-5A42-4EF5-9B03-F81BB61BBE4A.jpeg

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I slept in on purpose. Very nice! Coffee is late but good -- have some! :)

Halloween. None of that here...too far apart. DD took DGD to a friend's in town street...back then. Now I only buy Halloween candy for me.

Lovely sunshine out there. Cool. Rain yesterday was misty with occasional short drizzle. Less than 1/4 inch but all day long. At least no mud issues. Would have loved that rain in July! Did cook a really good beef roast tho - warmed the house. Ate well.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Here I am -- up too early again. Yep. Since 3:30. That early to bed thing....not good! Coffee is hot, help yourself. And it's a mere 38 on my back porch :rolleyes: they say mid 60s today. Well that's ok but upper 70s all week sounds better!

I made some awesome meatballs for supper and they are making a great breakfast.:D

Need to mow the yard today. Might get to a little painting too. Have one section of goat barn to touch up...will have to move them first so I don't have "help". The red paint will really show up on those white goats! They love to get into those lower fields as there is a lot of browse areas. Have fun girls....you can be there all day.

Time for a refill. Everyone enjoy the day! :caf

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I woke up at 5:30, been drinking coffee and visiting sites on the laptop. I got 8 quarts of lard yesterday and 6 bags of cracklins, 1 cup to a bag. I made a huge mess, kept cleaning up and making more mess all day. This is one of the very few times I use Dawn dish soap. I react to it, so it is evil in my book, but it cuts through the greasy grease of rendering lard. I was so tired last night! I have more fat to render and I have bags of chicken bones and misc parts to can and make broth. I gotta make room in the freezers so I can get the 26 CCX butchered and frozen.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on. Rainy day. We are going to go lightly on schoolwork this week. Get ready for camping and work on the farmhouse.
Did I mention that we sold 2 velveteen lops Friday, then 3 more yesterday? Excited that our bunnies will be paying for our corgi pup. And last night got the news that Velveteen lops are one step closer to being an approved breed. :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are getting a cold front today with a high of 78 degrees. BRRRRRR!!! LOL LOL
We got a very light, very short rain shower around 5 AM, sure need more. It is dry and the NOAA prediction for this winter in the south is that it will be dryer than normal. It looks like the winter/early spring grasses and clovers might be a bust. That's gonna suck, I timed breeding the ewes for February birth so the ewes and lambs could graze on the early spring grasses. Phooey.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are all anticipating weird...so weather may be better than you think. Just hope. All we can do, really. Most of mine will kid in March...a little later than before but when grass is coming on good here and warmer! Then, after all my plans, I realized it's my busy time at work. :th. Can't change it now!

So I realized I needed to check one of my chicken coops, which has had a "gift" left a couple times.....just felt it was a skunk. Sure enough! But it was 2 of them. They like the chicken feed! One almost totally white. Well, no way to go in and insist they leave -- but one did leave faster and now I see where they were entering. Will fix that tomorrow!!! Need to set a trap then. Of course, emptying that trap is tricky. :lol:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Use a live trap that is not too high so they don't have alot of room.... put a blanket/burlap bag/ anything you don't want to save....in case..... pick it up and put in the back of the pu..... take elsewhere and put it on the ground then shoot & come back later for the trap then wash.... just don't get in the way when you shoot so you don't accidentaly get sprayed when they are dying and release.....or just set it down and turn it loose.... they usually take off as fast as they can.... remember they will travel miles if they are looking for "home".... personally.... i'd just shoot 'em where they are & deal with the smell for a few days....
But then you know all this stuff.....

Latest posts