Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Up with sunshine and 20 temps. That north wind blew in for a day or two. So glad I filled all troughs late yesterday!!! Easier to break ice. 😁

Sure nice to have hot coffee.....going to work in a few, so just checking on everyone while I enjoy my caffeine fix. Busy week of work coming, along with some rain. Works out since we know rain & farm stuff is messy. Might as well be at work inside. This is our busy reset time, it's just starting about a month early. Gotta gear up with personal schedule of bed time, up time, outta here time, etc. Mentally. ;). Probably, hopefully, last year I'll do this. :idunno:old. It's getting harder to convince myself to go there. Will last thru about June, then slacks to maybe a day or two a week. It's like areas with tourists -- a yr of income in a short time frame! You deal.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. It's so foggy here that I can't see the road or the front fence. Throw in some cold (to me) 50 degrees and it's soggy, chilly, weather. Rain and drizzle expected today. Still sick with crud, although I feel much better and don't have fever. DH has crud now, is snoring in his recliner. This makes me glad that I loaded up on Kleenax LOL.

I wrap up in insulated Carhart overalls, sweat jacket and Carhart coat to go outside-like it's 19 degrees or something. I make a series of squeaky noises when I try to talk, throat hurts. I'm looking outside thinking that I'll just stay here on BYH for awhile. All the animals have hay and water, they won't suffer if I am not out there immediately to feed them. I did take Sheba out of the trailer and put her in the garden to go potty and spend the day, she is in heat. I checked Lady Baa Baa while I was out there, yesterday she looked to be losing her mucus plug. She missed 2 lambings, no idea what happened, so watching her. She is obviously very pregnant, I'm sure I'll get a lamb from her this time.

My day is shaping up to stay in as much as possible, maybe do some laundry and unload the dishwasher. Really don't have a lot of initiative. Y'all have a good day!

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hear ya about staying in and keeping warm. And I'm not even sick!
Cloudy, cold and blah outside so I'm sticking to the couch closest to the wood stove.
Went to church this morning, feeling somber and unsettled. I stayed and manned the coffee counter for 2nd service. It was good to see all who were there, got to share some laughs with friends and was reminded that my hope does not reside in governments and earthly powers.
Like the account of Daniel and his three companions, we will resolve to do right no matter the outcome.
And thanks for the coffee! Also, whichever of you is using up all the half-n-half, how about saving me a little! 😄

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yawn... pretty warm here,hence the heavy thick snow:

My barn:

Attachments

• 20210124_121522.jpg
    20210124_121522.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 63