Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sounds like you will be moving right away...? It will all work out. :hugs

:caf....sums me up for now! Just having a second cuppa, then head out to work for the day. Beautiful strong breeze with mid 60s out there. Nice rains late yesterday and during night. Perfect amounts, so it soaked in well. Overcast now, clearing, going to 80s, prob more showers very late day. Then clear for 4-5 days! Yes, garden weekend! Can hardly wait to overwork myself. :lol:

One goal this weekend is to see how many eggs are under my favorite hen....who secretly went broody! She went missing and is now found. I was sad then extremely happy...she generally hatches each year. Haven't been able to get a check on eggs yet. I'm thrilled!!!!! Now, when did this start???? Yeah, getting close to hatch I figure. 😁🤔🙄👍👍 Actually need the new chicks this year as that fox has severely reduced numbers. I will say, after the cutting and discing, haven't had an issue in last week....so, not letting down guard but, hoping I've slowed it's desire for chicken. Have some rabbit!! They're out there.

ETA....I have plums on the tree, apples on one of those! :thumbsup fruit this year? Wow! That would be amazing. :fl:yesss: Elderberries are forming flower pods and blackberries are blooming big time. What? A good year???:lol: Hope so.

Last edited:

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning. I also just had a hen go broody right after telling the wife I need to get the incubator set up to be ready to hatch out as soon as the current chicks leave the brooder box. I guess she'll do it for me.
Got a good bit of rain Mon night and yesterday then back down to 40 this morning. Had to start another yesterday in the stove. Hopefully I can get some wood today and maybe a brush hogging job.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning, I am jealous of broody hens! But I have red sex links and they never go broody. Besides they don’t have a boyfriend. I have 8 black sex link pullets only one of them looks like a barred pattern rooster.

Goilg to weed out the tomato beds and get them ready to plant today.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
A common saying in the Midwest US is if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes.
They say the same thing about the weather in Vermont.

I’m so glad she is doing this, she needs to be out of there before hurricane season starts.
Isn't that in only 3 or so weeks away??

I’m in my early twenties, but because I’m short people tend to think I’m younger.
Same with DD1. She just turned 28. When she started college 2 years ago people thought she was a younger than average freshman. Fortunately there were a couple of other mid-twenties students in the dorm.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. Going to pull more weeds today in the garden. First I pull lambs quarters, ragweed and tall grass, put it in my wagon and take it to the sheep. Then I pull weeds and grass the pigs will eat. Last I pull the weeds I don’t want back in the garden and put them on the burn pile. Yesterday DH had a dentist appointment so we had to quit early. Today we should get more done!

@River Buffaloes where are you? If you don’t check in with us, I worry about you.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.

Riding lesson, horse chiropractor coming late morning.... Lightning is still showing neck pain. Per the vet he will get pain meds for a week. Vet seemed confident that he would be better after another adjustment.
Then dog 4h tonight.
Tballs first practice went well yesterday.