Coffee anyone ?

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Update on the mystery plant still unknown but diffently invasive and needs to be destoyed just spent the last hour pulling weeds and there were orginally only three or four of these things easily pulled triple that. The vines feel like rough velco and the gourd things are freaking every where if only melons grew that many we could feed the entire plant with just a pasture or two worth..... kinda glad this might be my last year planting this area i wont have to worry about the darn things. Granted some other weed will still be around. Got so much weeding to do. The rain makes weeding possible. Our ground is so hard without it you cant pull anything out even the tiller wont dig and the tractor wont plow either so must do all three while soil is wet and soft.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
If you like good food come over please my kids are picky monsters. Herbed chicken(they ate one under protest), green beans with bacon(all liked), squash and zuchini sauted with onions and bacon( one liked, mash potatoes(three liked) and homemade french bread(three liked) ...

Attachments

• 20210723_185022.jpg
    20210723_185022.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 50

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Weather good. Work, not so much. First store we couldn't do set as plans needed not arrived, second time! Time and gas expenses. Second store. One job, parts and product not arrived! Did do another smaller job there. Now they auto reschedule those jobs but, really screws up your schedule for later. :eek: Already had big jobs at 3 stores cancel at last minute. Then reschedule in a week already too busy. This is what makes you mad! :he Apparently there are a lot of shipping problems!?

So home I am! But some things can't happen here -- didn't plan for today or 1/2 day.

This may be why retirement is a good thing! Only self to blame! :lol::old:idunno:caf
I may have a little different type of work, but "get it" when things don't go as planned and then it throws not only that day into a tailspin, but screws up with the next schedule and piles it on when you don't want it to... Like my farmers cancelling and then me having to get them all done several days in a row when I know I will barely be able to walk by the end of that week.
Shipping is a real problem with everything it seems....

I'm a year or 2 behind you, but I too am thinking retirement might be a good thing.... I did promise to wait til after I get the knees done and see how I rehab/bounce back.... plus I know there are going to be a few that are going to go out in the next couple of years.... or sooner.... and this economy worries me so I don't want to pull the plug yet.... however, when you deal with crap like cancelled farms, and your cancelled jobs... it makes you think ....DONE.....

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
You would be welcome anytime. They take after their daddy he is hard to please as well i imagine he complain about the squash as well or something like the chicken has other flavors and isnt plain.... weirdos absolute favorite food is boiled chicken steamed white rice and broth and no seasoning in any of it....

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I tend to like my food more plain than highly seasoned... but like to try things and have several things I like seasoned. I do not do good with curry or indian dishes.... just does not set well with me. I am not a big gravy person... but that is upbringing... mom never cooked alot of gravy type dishes. I like gravy on an open roast beef sandwich but not big on it in mashed potatoes,,, Its like I can take it or leave it.... but I am not known to turn down a home cooked meal because it is such a pain to cook for myself most times. Plus it is the company too.... there are drawbacks to being alone.... and cooking and eating alone all the time is one of them. Not that I want to be around people all the time... but sometimes....

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lol its okay i havent ever had currys or indian style and i dont like gravy dh does and on kid does so once in awhile i make it for them but no thanks here.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
If you like good food come over please my kids are picky monsters. Herbed chicken(they ate one under protest), green beans with bacon(all liked), squash and zuchini sauted with onions and bacon( one liked, mash potatoes(three liked) and homemade french bread(three liked) ...
Your kids are better than DD2! The only thing you mentioned that she would eat is the mashed potatoes. I would have seconds on all of it!!

Latest posts