Coffee anyone ?

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
So.... 3 youngest came home from camp..

I looked at them and said "hummmm, you 3 need to bathe"

Youngest said "I bathed yesterday "

Spouse said "well.... his face is the correct color"

I asked "so..... in this shower that you had yesterday.... did you use shampoo?" Answer was no. "Did you use soap?" Answer was no. "So this shower that you had.... it was water only?" Answer was yes...

So....yeah... told him he had to shower.

:lol:

I sure do love those boys!

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks @Baymule
Tattood the last 5 litters that needed it. Two were the larger velveteen lops and needed it, one has 6 blacks and the other 4 opals so needed to identify them. If all goes well we have 2 srs being picked up today. That will help our full cage syndrome. Get all except the mini rex doe weaned, will let her stay with mom until another cage opens.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow! Bunnies may be one of few that seem to multiply faster than my goats... Where'd they come from??? :lol: You just wake up one day in amazement!

@Alaskan do you mean a "rinse" can't count as "bath"??? 🤭:lol: At least you have your crew back home.

Overcast here but no water falling from the sky! They say the sun will return this week as well as the heat...the normal 90s. Good, we need that.

About through with elderberry picking and have a huge amount in freezer to process into juice next week. Have been dehydrating figs for past 3 days. Friend has more for me to pick up. I'll be dehydrating another week! Then, some preserves. These don't need to come in all at once 🤔😁 Neighbors fig bush is full but not ripening yet. So those will be next.

August already! Fall review of my stashes of dry goods and foodstuffs...will restock as needed. It's a ritual, part of lifestyle. Need to prep for hay, including a look at some hay racks. Need a date to clean up feed room and wash out the grain storage cans. It's busy time. Need a new list....check all water outlets and covers for winter freeze safety, hoses, heated tubs. Etc.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sunshine and heat today. :clap Were like 4.5" over our usual rainfall for the month of August and it's only 8 days in.....yeah, been pouring. Sun is welcome!

Need to stop at friends today for figs she's picked. Boy do they shrink once dehydrated! They lose at least 75% of volume. Working almost close to her house today. She'll be happy for frig space again. ;)

:caf Time to stop visiting and go to work. :frow

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses ever make strawberry fig preserves? You use strawberry jello in the recipe. My grandmother made them years ago. Last time I made any was in 2012, when I got some figs. You can find the recipe on the internet, strawberry fig preserves sure are good on biscuits!

Going to pick elderberries this morning. I picked a few Friday, got 2 cups, I froze them.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Midwife coming today. Will be taking today mostly easy just feeding up and light chores inside and of course school. Got the majority of cleaning done yesterday so just need to maintain it till they arrive. Plus not helping that my body is complaining about what i did yesterday... oh i also need to process four drakes.. mmm might kill outside and bring inside to finish... i dont know either way today or tomorrow they will get done then i have a rooster to do. By the end of this month or middle of next
month meat birds should be gone. And might have piglets next month. Need to get pens set up out back as soon as we are allowed so we can move the animals back there and need to get the rest of the house packed and also get a rv bought asap... hmm last one will be the last thibg we do simply because of money we need for it but thats okay. Also need to talk to dh about storage options of all the things we have that need to go... no way it all will fit into the inclosed trailer thats already halfway filled and need to get the larger items out.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
ever make strawberry fig preserves? You use strawberry jello in the recipe.
Nope. I don't want to ruin my figs! 😁 Strawberries are best for me just fresh. Used to pick and make preserves and shortcake. DH always loved the preserves.
Going to pick elderberries this morning. I picked a few Friday, got 2 cups, I froze them.
Ahhh...I had almost forgotten to pick those from my own bushes!! Did late yesterday. This will make you feel badly but, I've got 8 qt containers full in freezer. But ours are just about done for production this yr. Figs gabatch! Dehydrator is tired. 😍 More coming.

Hoping to get some corn for weekend to process. Need to call blueberry farm to see if I can get some there....while the sun is shining....and I'm near them. 😁

Latest posts