Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m up, drinking coffee. I’ll get dressed in awhile and go do chores. I didn’t have fever and chills last night, neither did BJ. I think we are on the mend. All the Kleenex I bought have lotion in them. Well guess what? I react to them, my chemical issues. BJ can’t smell them, but I can and the house reeks of their stench. My face tingles if I use one, so keeping a roll of toilet paper handy to blow my nose on. When I get over this mess, I’m gonna buy PLAIN Kleenex.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m up, drinking coffee. I’ll get dressed in awhile and go do chores. I didn’t have fever and chills last night, neither did BJ. I think we are on the mend. All the Kleenex I bought have lotion in them. Well guess what? I react to them, my chemical issues. BJ can’t smell them, but I can and the house reeks of their stench. My face tingles if I use one, so keeping a roll of toilet paper handy to blow my nose on. When I get over this mess, I’m gonna buy PLAIN Kleenex.
Sorry about the Kleenex thing... I always buy the plain ones... and then get 1 box of the lotion ones for if I get a real sore nose from blowing... but some of them bother me too. Not the smell so much, but just the feel on the tissues. But if the nose is really raw and red, it does help when blowing to not feel like sandpaper.

I picked up some more Dove soap on sale, like to keep a good stash. Mostly I always get the shea butter one and sometimes the winter care... but they had a real deal on some that was "peonies"... so thought I would try it. WOW talk about smell.... It is sitting in the soap dish because I did not like the smell when using it and it is still adding "fragrance" to the bathroom.... I really like the shea butter one.

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Airbnb

Why are you stuck in a campground?
I would think a state park would be least expensive.
Thanks to you and Bruce for the response.
I stay at campgrounds because they're cheaper than a hotel. Also state parks are usually more expensive than a lot of campgrounds, with limited stay (2 week max often) and most here do not have septic hook ups.
I switched to a city park but will look up the air bnb.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
but they had a real deal on some that was "peonies"... so thought I would try it. WOW talk about smell.... It is sitting in the soap dish because I did not like the smell when using it and it is still adding "fragrance" to the bathroom
Yeah, we avoid all commercial "fragrance" soaps for that very reason. Don't need those migraines. I've been buying unscented goat milk soap from one of the vendors at the Farmers' Market. I think most of her "smelly" soaps are essential oil though I've not purchased any of those.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I use goat milk soap because I make it. :) If I add fragrance, it's essential oils. But since I haven't been doing markets for a while, just plain now. Sometimes the Shea butter has a slight smell.

Everyone loaded so nicely for the trip this am....3 minutes and that included closing the doors.🤗 Got there earlier than wanted and it meant I had to hang loose for a couple hrs. Not real fun as this was not a big week. Way fewer people and animals. I'd say 20% less on prices, close to 50% on chickens and buns. Like $3 for a nice rabbit!! :oops: At any rate, I did about 10% less than I had projected. My kiddings were 2 months later than usual this year, which meant smaller kids and obviously less per head. But I'm ok with it! I have 10 less to feed. It's a good trade off.:idunno:old Tomorrow I go look at meat bucks and see if any are what I'm looking for. Breeding season starts soon no matter what because I do have a big Nubian buck.

There were two beeeautiful does there today....brown Nubians just covered in dapples. Two yr old twins. But wild as a buck deer!! One tried to jump over one of the ring handlers, then looked at the 8' ring surround as a challenge, ran the ring several times. Not enough pretty there for me!!!! Such a shame!

Still a fun day. Now I'm home to relax. :caf

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry that prices weren't the best, but if decent enough, and 10 less to feed, then still a positive. And nope, nut cases, wild as a deer types, are not worth having... Amazing that they loaded so well... If you had been in a rush, they never would have cooperated....
Sometimes I get rashes from homemade soap. I think it has to be the lye; I cannot imagine I am actually allergic to the goat milk part.... don't make my own.... a friend makes some and I have never liked the feel of her soap. My skin always feels dry. Am trying some homemade goat milk soap I just got... we will see how it works.

Going up to fill the feed buckets to have for in the morning to see if I can get enough of the calves in....

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
No whispering when a 200# goat is jumping a 6' shoulder! :oops: Very athletic...:lol: I would say never touched...well fed tho. Excellent pastures? Never seen an animal so wary of a human, except wild.

Latest posts