Coffee anyone ?

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@Cecilia's-herd And... not to burst your bubble further but it's hard to stop at one baby. As soon as they hit 2ish the baby cravings started up for me.
My oldest is 9 and youngest is 3. We are just getting really active in hobbies again. Now we did start kids a good decade later than you and never lived near family. That makes a huge difference in leisure time available.
I genuinely don’t know if we can afford to do it again, money isn’t tight until you spend 100,000 dollars to have a baby

Last edited:

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wait i thought you where having a home birth.... holy cow who the heck charged you that much. My midwife (granted i live in texas and i know our prices are lower then orher place but still) cost us a total of 4,500.00 with out the discounts she gave us for being return custermers and ect. But thats her normal charge. I spent 4000 for her 100 something on the midwife kit and another 100 on labs and 150 on an ultrasound.... i think if i chose to have a room at the facility it would have been another 3000 or so but no where near what you spent....

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Wait i thought you where having a home birth.... holy cow who the heck charged you that much. My midwife (granted i live in texas and i know our prices are lower then orher place but still) cost us a total of 4,500.00 with out the discounts she gave us for being return custermers and ect. But thats her normal charge. I spent 4000 for her 100 something on the midwife kit and another 100 on labs and 150 on an ultrasound.... i think if i chose to have a room at the facility it would have been another 3000 or so but no where near what you spent....
Home birth is still the plan! But we did IVF twice, and it’s not getting any cheaper to do so. But I’m great full the technology is around. If not me and my wife probably wouldn’t have a family.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning. Coffee is ready. I'm going to work on the screened in porch today. We acquired some solar panels that were cracked. We were going to get them set up in order to run the freezers in case of power outage. To seal the cracks, you use polyurethane and squeegee it in the cracks to seal it up. But they have sat there, taking up space. Robert took one and got it working, so I'm giving him the rest of them. Also have some odds and ends sheets of paneling and sheetrock in the portable building that I am moving to my son's house, giving him that too. That will clear out the building. There is a chick brooder that I posted on a FB chicken group, that is getting picked up on Friday. Big chunks gone.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning!
Sounds like things are getting closer to your move @Baymule :hugs
Have a meeting then taking youngest to get her "kindergarten" shots....skipped them last year with the covid situation, glad we don't have to follow the school rules on them. Am getting my tetanus updated also.
Planning for our last camping trip of the year, just to the local SP for Halloween weekend. Lots of fun and taking the horses... but that's somewhat bittersweet as Richie needs to stay home. Starting his new supplements, praying they help and his feet bones "fuse" as that will help his comfort level. It's been wet so he's been mostly sound.
Kids riding lesson went well. They had sore legs afterwards... so that's good.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Another day of mugginess here. Appears it will last to some degree until next week. Bummer! It's depressing...no sunshine. So. Going to work a couple days.

FedEx has officially told sender. Pkg lost! Another was shipped yesterday. Hope it gets here.

Put the buck out with 5 does yesterday...need to get baby making started.

Guess I'll finish my coffee and get going. Another slow day. :hu

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Today… hmmm today is storming really hard. Do one wants to get up today. Gotta buy a big birthing tub and package. I just keep telling myself we budgeted for it. Rina kicked Daffy this morning so that was… fun? Drama queen.

Thefarmofdreams

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Morning! Thanks for coffee....
It's been wet so he's been mostly sound.
Kids riding lesson went well. They had sore legs afterwards... so that's good.
I'm glad Richie's feeling ok lately! And Oh my goodness... That gives me flashbacks to what felt like hours of posting without stirrups!

@Mini Horses I'm glad you've got progress on the implement. Sucks you have to start all over, but at least they're finally working on fixing it!

I have a doctor appointment for the babe today... then homeschool for the big, and packing with my SIL so we're ready when the new place eventually.. someday.... closes. All on a night of awful sleep bc DH's dog was ill and woke us up every hour or two to potty. :caf

I hope everyone has a great day!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just spent over an hour on the Tx-tag tollroad site trying to update my information, new sign in, the works. They updated their site and wanted my new credit card information since the old one expired-a YEAR ago. No matter what I did, it took me back to update my sign in, sending me emails to click on. It was the definition of insanity--doing the same thing over and over with the same results. I tried the phone number several times following the prompts--always ending with go to their website. :he:he:he:he After clicking on the phone all over the place i FINALLY got to speak to a live person. On top of that, since my card they had on record expired a year ago, I have $187.09 in back charges. :barnie I got to talk to Byron, a very nice man who helped me. I ALWAYS speak kindly to representatives on the phone because they have to deal with frustrated angry customers-like it's personally their fault or something. Byron was laughing and asked what I had for breakfast since I was so cheerful. So I gave him a list of all the things that have gone wrong with my life lately and ended with, "I can sit around and feel sorry for myself or I can greet the day with a big smile and thank the Lord for it." Byron said AMEN and thanked me for making his day. :love

Latest posts