Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Back to work yesterday after a long hiatus....it was HARD! So easy to get into staying home, doing less. Then wham! 40 hrs of assignments in one week. Don't think I've worked that in last 2 months. Bummer. But I stumbled through and back out today. 🙄

Winds have finally settled down. Maybe 5-10 today, which is way better than 25-35+ we've had past 3 days with the weather crap. It was hard to walk in it. Chickens were being blown around as they tried to maneuver about. Larger animals hovered in or on off wind side of barns. We'll all be happy with the change -- plus sunshine reappears! 🤗. Maybe tomorrow I can walk around and collect items blown about. 28 out there now but going to mid 40s! Yes!!! Do it.

I am NOT a cold weather fan! Bring on summer.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think I mentioned it before. Dominic is my daredevil 3 yr old. Dec he rammed a honey locust thorn into his shin and Jan 1st he split his chin open. He got 8 stitches in his chin. The bills are starting to come in and FOUR OF FOUR managed to bill the wrong insurance or ignore insurance completely. 🤬

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
If you can make it into the clinic during regular hours, it is way less money than the emergency room.
Most kids have "events" beyond all Dr office times! As you know 🤣🤣😂😲😁🤷

Up and enjoying coffee!! Might be best part of my morning, the news isn't! Watching for these snow events coming .... Seeing nutcases already causing accidents and huge backups and not even bad weather! Glad I rarely go anywhere near those traffic areas. Yeah, coffee and smiles.

Appears we're getting snow, just a question of how much. 😳☹️. I'm ok with a week at home, just keep my power on, please! Better be sure the blade is on tractor, probably gonna need it. I'll get diesel today, fill gas in truck, check kero for heaters & gas for generator....in case. Work part of day but can do while out. Last minute stuff all. Move hay this afternoon, to stage for ease of use. Better get a couple heated tubs set up. Hmmm, think that's it. 🤔

Need another cup of coffee now. Thinking tires you out.😁

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looks like @Mini Horses is going to get the brunt of the snow.... give us a break. It is already up to 46 from a low of 24... sun is out... going to really help melt some of this today... then temps plunging and 30 tomorrow and 20 on Friday??? Nights in the single digits.

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I wish I had news to report but unfortunately I have caught a nasty head cold. The kids are good, Gianna isn't sick, just me. Wha whaa Whaaaaaaaaaa. Slept a good half hour last night because of it. Hopefully more exciting news to come.