Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pleasantly cool and sunny 😁 I'm gonna check garden area with a hand shovel to see if it's tillable. Those results will be how I decide my day.... It needs to happen!! But light & scattered are predicted fri-sun. So, today or must wait😖😤

If I can't till, I'll go to a job. :somad I need my garden working.

Coffee has me revved. :celebrate

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
you are working on a dairy goat farm and not only get to sleep in but go back to sleep??
Yup! My people are good to me!
We work 8 hour shifts, I was working the afternoon shift the past two days, so I didn't start until 12:45, but finished around 9:30 (I know it works out to about 9 hours). I got the 6:45 today and the 5:45 tomorrow though.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today is yet another overcast, poss sprinkles day.😟more of same all weekend. Can't get much I want to do done....so, I'll go work jobs. Then I think I will be able to be home and outside next week.

I'm stressing over 1)garden till and 2)getting the new roll of fence up...in that order.😵‍💫 Except -- where I'm gonna use the new fence, old to remove, then cut crap growing along that line. Don't want to switch attachments several times. 😖🤔 Brush hog to tiller to brush hog. This everyday rain is screwing up all of it👎👎 if I pull it all out and can't get new up fairly soon -- well, there's that "radar" of "fence down, check it out! " with animals😁I'll work it out but! Lining up DS to help complicates things, too. But this needs 2 people really...one on ground, one on tractor.

For now -- coffee and breakfast. Cooked a bunch yesterday, so a breakfast is heat & eat! Cool all day in low 60s. No heat, no AC...save $. :lol: if tilling and installing fence are my only concerns, I'm in pretty good shape! :love:idunno:caf. Yep.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. I took a Benadryl last night so I could get some sleep. Dogs were barking like there was a tiger in the driveway, I woke up. Disoriented, was nearly upside down in the bed, groggy, got straight in the bed and went back to sleep. I’ve been waking up at 1 to 3 AM and needed some rest. Went to my sisters yesterday with my son. We had a good visit. I got 2 chickens cleaned and in the freezer, 11 more to do today. Insurance adjuster coming at 1:00 today to look at the roof. Need to make a feed run, can do tomorrow or Monday. Thinking tomorrow, then do last batch of chickens on Monday.
@Mini Horses I'm with you on the bush hogging. Front pasture has a big patch of rye grass, tall, gone to seed and needs mowing. The 10’ bush hog my son bought had a bad gearbox. He took it to Chris to take it off. He got it last night and is taking it to Crockett Iron Works, where they build bush hogs, to get it repaired. Then he’s going to mow all my fields. Hopefully that will happen before he’s gone again.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Of course, you can cut those fields with your smaller tractor & hog, just takes longer with 1/2 the cut swath. My fields are cut BUT---where actual fence is, getting replaced...needs cut. Wild blackberry vines, trash growth, etc. Not bad -- just not a lawn either! 🥴🙃 It's always been cut both sides, so a foot of junk, especially after being there 20 yrs.

It'll be a couple day job. Not as severe as what you have -- similar issues. Even a couple volunteer trees😖 birds on fence rows plantings :lol: