Coffee anyone ?

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Finally got to my iced coffee. Smitty did a Houdini and spent the night in the woods. (Our woods). He ambled up for breakfast, appears to be fine. There’s a good chance there’s a coyote den back there so I don’t like him back there especially alone. I started him on glucosamine biscuits yesterday for arthritis. Hubbs says buy stock in that company :lol:
I've got a friend that has a farm - he does organic carrots for Cambells, organic garlic for Christopher, AND -- fully organic CBD for dogs (no THC) --it's called That'll Do (yup he's got sheep and working dogs). I tried it on my old dog Halo and it made a huge difference far and above the glucosamine. If you're interested let me know.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ouch and a Funny (sort of - spew alert swallow your coffee before reading)..........
Yesterday I weed wacked all day - got a lot done and way way way more to go - figured I'd give it a half day today after teaching detection class at a park in town. Woke up sore - but a good sore, the kind you knew you put in a good day's work.
Got down the hill to the park, set hides, was going back to put some "blank" distractors in and ....................
kaboom --- America's most prominent trip hazard nailed me -- the dreaded concrete parking curb. Mind you not many spaces in this park have them - but I managed to plunge to the ground - asphalt - jammed a finger but good, twisted that sore side from yesterday (now really ouchie), scrape 2 knees, bang an elbow, and hit my head -- have the shiner as a special souvenir :rolleyes: and of course the scab on my face. GRRRRRR Not at all happy. Managed to teach class without a problem (I'm on the tough side, just ask the PBR ;)). Got home, and DH said we had a tragedy. Oh Lordy, what now? I'm walking wounded and there was a tragedy at the house while I was gone. DH walks me to the fence and points. (warning spew alert) there, sitting upside down on the fence is..... Rosie 2. The robot vacuum. Why upside down?? Well, she tried to clean up dog poop (DH says he really should have given Zo more time outside). And I'm in no shape to clean it - and he can tell. He's in the process - but he DID get the rug that was "decorated" and then "cleaned" by Rosie 2 in the living room. Don't think I'll be weed wacking soon - DAMN.
Yes - somewhere on youtube someone posted a video of a similar situation - when I first saw it years ago I laughed like a crazy woman - KARMA bites !!!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready, whiskey to spike it available for a smashed face for @SageHill ! You will still hurt, but you won’t care. Sorry, whiskey and coffee won’t help Rosie!

On my second cup, county crew will be back today to finish the road. Pictures on my journal. I’ve got a lot to do to get dirt brought in and rock. Going to drive stakes where the barn is gonna go, to get a visual.

Y’all have a great day!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh, my....coffee wakening me! I slept well but, need to get fully awake, alert, motivated. All this overcast does not help!! Seems the weather front that should be gone stayed longer. 😵‍💫. I have lights on everywhere!!!!! Brightness -- I need that.

So another day of cool and damp. Off and on rain. I drove thru bands of downpour and bands of sprinkles on way to work yesterday. Yeah, went to a job instead of sitting in gloom :lol: :old today? Might look for store with open work.🤷 Fence $. Hay$

Today is the first of our local, weekly produce auctions. Won't be a whole lot there but, going. It's fun. NC farmers sometimes have some goodies and often there are starter plants. 🤷 Starts 6:30 PM. Support the effort, at least.

Refill, chores, decisions.....in that order 🤣

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cloudy/Hazy here too... and none of the rain. It can wait a few days, we have hay on the ground and would like to get it up. Forecast is for some precip coming in Sat night/Sunday... that would be just fine. Don't think he is going to cut anymore right now.

Going to spend several hours on the tractor raking today... Turning up anything green so it will dry in the windrows and then it can be baled Friday or Sat.
CHILLY 50 overnight... this hazy sun doesn't warm it up very fast.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
So two days and several more to go. BUT, progress.

This....
View attachment 99344View attachment 99345View attachment 99346
Is now this...
View attachment 99347
View attachment 99348
And tomorrow I'll stretch and clip that fence...move along to other areas. It's a tough job alone !!!

But ... "...I am woman! Hear me roar!". :lol: :he:old
.. how would a roaring woman working alone pull that woven wire fence tight if this particular woman didn't happen to have a tractor????
Asking for a friend.... which is me... 🤠

Nevermind.. I found a really good video that even showed how to make a stretcher out of a couple of 2x4s :thumbsup

Last edited:

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've got a friend that has a farm - he does organic carrots for Cambells, organic garlic for Christopher, AND -- fully organic CBD for dogs (no THC) --it's called That'll Do (yup he's got sheep and working dogs). I tried it on my old dog Halo and it made a huge difference far and above the glucosamine. If you're interested let me know.
Thanks for the offer. Hubbs has a cousin in the business.

Latest posts