Coffee anyone ?

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cold (for here - high going to 63) and raining, looks like the sun will come out - but need to take care of arenas again.
Took yesterday afternoon off to go with a good friend to one of her friend's ranch - too much fun.
Horses of course, mini horses, 1 sheep, goats, pigs, alpacas, zebra, camels and an African Crowned crane. Dang those alpaca were sooo cute and soft, and the babies - ohhh the babies.
Zebra smile.......
IMG_6635.JPG

baby camels are cute too.....
IMG_6617.JPG

Sequestered Ridge Ranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It's downright January weather this morn! 😳. 39 out there and that's about 20* below our normal now. Brrrrr! Wakes you right up!! 🤣. Heck, 7-10 days ago it was shorts & t-shirt days. Oh well -- just temporary chill. 😉.

Coffee just finishing. Need to get warmed up with a cup.
We hit that temperature every night then by about noon back into mid 70's which is warm for this time of year for here.
So far up to 34 tons of rock moved, about 212 tons left to go. Maybe I should record the in cab experience of hauling this down the road I live on, might feel the bumps yourself. One out of three goose eggs has made the last lap towards hatching, we go internal pipping going on, time to put that one in the lock down incubator soon. Got two more goslings hatching a week later, they are looking viable themselves. So as far as I can see through end of May, we got two to four goslings to hatch in the incubator.
Each one that makes it is $40 saved.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Nifty and @Support
Can you please move peteyfoozer’s original post and my reply to @Ridgetop Anatolian journal?

I think this discussion belongs there instead of being buried in the coffee thread.

And if it’s ok with Ridgetop can you move her Anatolian thread to the LGD forum? It’s kinda lost in the journal section

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good Morning ALL!
Now that the wedding is 52 days away it's getting really crazy and NOT enough time to breathe. All this time I haven't turned into a Bridezilla so I'm doing my best at trying to keep my sanity still. My adopted family needs help from all my wonderful acquaintances here in Virginia. IF YOU SEE THIS MAN PLEASE CONTACT ME SO I CAN GET IN TOUCH WITH HIS FAMILY. I know it says he has been missing since Sunday but he's actually been gone since Sat. He was last seen at the Richmond Bus Station. He has no phone, no money and is known to be a walker so PLEASE PLEASE ASSIST in locating him.
438725368_2778115235720433_5504171378710968844_n.jpg
Where was he going to? Nashville?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
So this is supposedly last day of cool & gloomy -- back to sun & short sleeves tomorrow. Yes!! I have a Boer doe that looks like she will kid "sometime soon" 🤔🥴🤞😁😁 Goats are so independently minded. 🤷🤐 Crazy. Just drives you crazy!! That's keeping me constantly looking for her.

I had planned to mow some areas today -- BUT my DS thought I wanted tiller back on 😳😳 so, it is. 🥴. I'm pondering what I want to do now. Attachment switch outs are a PITA -- heavy, annoying -- so I dislike doing. Reckon I'll till out the pasture I already cut and want to replant anyway. 🤷 Weather cooperating, at least. I'll need to have a talk with him about his choices that affect my plans. 😉🤔 Gently, of course. I do like his DOING switch but, my schedule.

Better finish this cuppa and get going -- outside! 😄