Coffee anyone ?

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Finishing up my coffee, breakfast sandwich done. It's clean the stalls Tuesday -- ya' know I don't mind it either. 51-70 toady and sunny. I picked up some flower seeds at Wallymart yesterday that I want to try starting in the greenhouse - gotta do that today.

murphysranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh the tales I could tell (said in Dateline Keith Morrison voice).

From Teslas, to yesterday, a brand new Range Rover and Ukrainians who couldn't speak English which I had to use Google translate, to the lady with several names who comes on alternate weeks/days cus she knows when there are different people out front, to the young gals wanting diapers when nobody in their household is younger than 15 (they sell the diapers)

Then to houseless, to toothless, to get hi on the pot smell when I walk up to their car door window, to the needy who ride up or walk up and try to carry all the food, or to the cloud of cigarette smoke wafting from the vehicle when cigarettes are $12 for one pack of regular brand, to the AF vet Wesley who cries when I talk to him (3 times now)...

Last edited:

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
All washers unless direct drive are ran by belt to motor to tub, could be that simple to fix or replace the motor. Pretty simple, just lay it on it's side and it's on the bottom.
We already have replaced the belts and pulleys last year. The gear case, auger, and motor are ruined at this point. That's $400 of parts and new one is $750. Fails the 50% rebuild test but we got 3ys past the 4yr design life. My day job is mechanical engineering with specialty in pumps and fixed assets.😜 I leave the welding to experts though.

Last edited:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
God Bless all of you that volunteer for things like that. I do not have the forgiveness in me for the ones that abuse the systems or that are too lazy to work. God will judge me for not being tolerant...I am just past that... used to be willing to give second chances, overlook things.. got screwed over too many times by ones that took advantage of my "feeling sympathy"... wanting to help out.. and so now I just don't want to be around people like that. I will help anyone, give to others... but some things just don't fly for me anymore.

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
God Bless all of you that volunteer for things like that. I do not have the forgiveness in me for the ones that abuse the systems or that are too lazy to work. God will judge me for not being tolerant...I am just past that... used to be willing to give second chances, overlook things.. got screwed over too many times by ones that took advantage of my "feeling sympathy"... wanting to help out.. and so now I just don't want to be around people like that. I will help anyone, give to others... but some things just don't fly for me anymore.
Even God doesn't help those who don't help themselves.

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thoughts on @Poka_Doodle running.

811.jpeg

It could also go into the humor section I suppose.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Too tired to make coffee after trip to town yesterday. It’s getting to where the drive in hurts so much I am in agony for a couple days afterwards. Lucky for me Boone likes his sleep.
He’s getting better about sleeping outside. His feelings are a little hurt but it’s been better for Fen. Boone is always excited when I let him in at 5 in the morning so he can go sleep on the couch 😂

IMG_8606.jpeg

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't volunteer at any food banks -- sorry -- but, i do have a few acquaintances who use them and a friend who volunteers. That's my info source. I've driven by the mornings of drive thru and I'm amazed at the fact that most vehicles are WAY newer than mine. 🤔 My preference is to provide directly to those I know can & will use the goods. After all, I work hard for it. Friends & neighbors who share what we each don't grow, or poor production -- I'm all over that! 🤣🤣. My animals are my favorites to share with. This year, produce auction for what I hope to be a bumper crop. Yes, $$$. If good results, I'd increase next yr.

Today I'm seeing upper 80s, sunshine, AC to turn on! Gonna be that all week. They were saying some light rains thu-sat and that has disappeared. Good, I can get some outside done. Bad, just need to water the new seed & plants at this start up stage. That's ok!

Looks like the next 10 days will be hot/dry. I suppose my haying neighbor is thrilled -- he has about 70 acres in stages of cut, ted, bale....😳 It's going into rounds across street. Was a little overgrown but good. Saw about 60 taken off yesterday, prob double that to go.....then fields 1/2 mile up. Square or rounds? Good for him!! He takes care of the fields well.

So I'm looking at where to start my fencing replacement "projects". Ya know, which first to contain the goats while I work 🙄😂 instead of having them help! 🤣 I MUST get a weaning field secured!! Have 5 with barns, so...That's top of list. Better get at it.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
PSA....Wasp spray good for lotta things 😳

In for lunch. Early morn I'm checking "things". In goat/equipment shed, looking around and spot a snake. ☹️ Sized it up. A rat snake, thinking couple ft, young one. It's at 8' up, I'm not. Thinking ladder & snake won't be good at same time 🤔. Go to barn, get machete, see an older can of wasp spray. Aha. So off I go, loaded....and being old, didn't spray the usual 20' but it went where I needed. Didn't seem to like it and started down, rather slowly, too, so effective to mellow it. I climbed the 6' divider to greet it in other half of building, when it decided to go from where I came -- no! Grabbed it's tail and pulled. Thankfully it was a little dazed from spray!! Machete slams, then tossed onto the side drive to bask in the sun. Way bigger than thought at first. Explains some missing eggs & nervous hens! 😡🤞. Look out, seems I'm on a killing spree. 🫤

Anyone who loves snakes ... Not in my barns!! Nope. There's acres and acres elsewhere, plenty to eat. I have 13 feral cats on mouse patrol -- they don't eat eggs. Just stay away from buildings & live well 🤷🤣

IMG_20240522_115601305_HDR~2.jpg

Latest posts