Coffee anyone ?

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning all, Coffee's ready. Got our 2nd rat snake Wed???? right after mentioning that they come in pairs. Thankfully I got both of them BEFORE they made it to the coup and ate the sitting hens eggs. Well I think anyway. When the wife got a count of eggs the other day it was half of what I thought should have been there.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Rat snakes 🤬Ok-- you too! I see no reason for them 🤨 I'm looking carefully now, in case another needs my attention.

Overcast weather & coffee. It'll be a slow start since grasses are wet, ground too -- we had a couple short but fairly heavy rains. I'll be happy for the water later in the week. 😊 Right now, I need to mow but, wet.

More coffee! That's solves everything! 😂

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I haven't seen bull snakes or any type of snake get my guinea fowl eggs yet, though a skunk sure will. On the same note, I like my ducks, they lay at a certain time in the Waddle Wattle Inn and that's before any snakes come out.
Then again the place is off the ground.
Want a barrier snakes won't cross, take some 4 to 6 inch wide strips of tin and bury it till only a inch sticks up.

Well, the well controller that we ordered for the well pump doesn't work unless I bypass everything, thought it was just needing a float switch, nope. Doesn't help the diagram and instructions don't include everything on the controller such as in this picture attached, there is a toggle switch there with no label and isn't in the manual it came with, had to call them.
Screenshot 2024-05-25 at 06-52-32 663.png

Got another one on the way "after" they charged me extra $350 until I return the old one and "if" it's under warranty they will refund me.

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Definitely an iced coffee morning. Feels like I could cut the humidity in chunks and save it in the freezer. Have one lamb not doing so well. He was small for starters and my main argument to get into a different breed of sheep (boy did I :lol:). Regarding Mr. Racka he had a skirmish with Crockett. Crockett gave him a noisy, pretend ear mauling which I think was warranted. I owe my Racka thread some pictures. I’ll try to post today. Off to the disaster area that’s my in ground garden. :weee

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
So I did couple loads of laundry & hung outside. Worked 3 fence repairs in a large field....needs to be grazed. Put escape prone goats in to test. Prob gonna be the weaners field in a couple days. HOT out there....and, of course, I was in mid day 🤐. But had to do. Filled all waterers. Came in for a welcome shower.

Now I hear the tractor. DS went to lower field, got it and switched tiller to mower. He's doing yard now. 🤣Perfect!! I can mow some on lower fields tomorrow. Getting ready for replacing a few hundred ft of fence. He doesn't know it'll be his job to help!! 🤨😉😂 Now that more fields are securely useable, I can rip out & replace others. 👍👍 I'll cut back away from fences where we'll be replacing, to be ready!! I'm off a week and gotta get to it.

Then, this evening, see a new squatter -- a groundhog. Yep. Need to set a couple traps. They love melon but, hope pineapple will do. Not making a trip to store 🤣 might not set traps until tmrw. I'm tired and one more day is ok.

Last edited: