considering getting goats

chickens454

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
would you give a lesson to anyone who came out to your farm even if there not buying?

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
You can private message me.
It all depends on the particular class you are looking at taking.
General healthcare/feeding/understanding goat care & management ( generally a 3 hour class)
Fecal Analysis -hands on training for McMasters Method and EPG counts (basic included in above class) in depth training or refresher
Dis budding
Castration
Udder Care/ Milking
Clipping (show clips)

chickens454

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
what does everyone feed? from what I've heard/read you free feed them hay all day or 2x a day and a cup of grain per goat .5 cup for kids. either have a loose or block form of minerals and of course there fresh water.increse the amount of food for mom's with kids or milking does.

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
We feed Bartlett goat pellets and free choice grass hay. All the goats do get some aflalfa.

The feed measurements- it depends on the goat. I assume you are thinking about Nigerian Dwarfs. 1 cup might be okay for maintenance. We raise a lot of kids, so I just fill their troughs 2x a with feed and they eat what they want… probably over a cup. That’s a good started point, but you just need to adjust according to the weight of the goat. I’ve a got a doe right now who is FAT! She really doesn’t need any feed right now, while others do.

chickens454

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
yes I wa thinking as the one cup for a Nigerian. so how much on grain on average would you feed 2 nubians for one day?