Cookies kidding thred...still waiting...got another bottle kid

RamblingCowgirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We got Cookie and two other LaMancha does last fall. The lady said she was due sometime in march. I ment to start this sooner, but I do have a time line of pics though they are not the best. She is the only one bred, and I'm glad cuz I don't think I could take moving, planning our wedding, and watching three prego does with two being first timers.
Sorry that they are through the fence and just not so good. I didn't have anyone to hold her and I don't have a stand yet...we still have a lot of work to do up there. Wish I coulda got some udder/hoo hoo shots. She had a nice full udder, but no wax and no goo...I really hope they come soon
Jan 23rd
5655_p230112_1237.jpg

Jan 31st
5655_prego_cookie_shot_a.jpg

Feb 26
5655_p260212_1250.jpg
5655_p260212_1252.jpg

March 6th yesterday. She was very very grumpy and wouldn't be still for very long. I almost think she was in pre labor, but didn't act like she wanted to have it last night.
5655_p060312_1814.jpg
5655_p060312_1813_01.jpg

They stay on our land with my fiance, while I live part of the time with my parents {kinda strange I know} But I'm not sure how she was this morning, cuz I'm here and she is there. And while my fiance loves the goats, he has be feeling sick so he mite have fed them with out even looking at them. I plan to go out there this after noon and stay. I wish I did last night but there was some poeple I needed to get back to.
She kidded befor like a pro, so I'm not worried but still want to be on hand.

Fluffygal

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
She is pretty. Love her coat pattern.

Ariel72

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Pretty girls. I always want to name black and white goats cookie:p

RamblingCowgirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thank you all. We sure love her. Still no kids yet, not from her anyways. We picked up our future herd sire yesterday. Some people around here are having a lot of bucks, so they are letting these boys go at a steal. And they said most of their does are going past their due dates.
Cookie seemed to be going into labor, but I'm a bit rusty at this. Some storms also came in, and she was NOT happy about it. Oh well she will have them when she has them...but that doesn't mean I have to like waiting. :lol:
Our bottle buckling Harold, full blood LaMancha & one of the Catahoula/Tarrier puppies.
5655_p090312_1407.jpg

redtailgal

Reaction score
He cute, lol. He looks like he may be a little spunky too.

RamblingCowgirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thanks :) what was really cute was the puppy on his back under the goat. He just wanting to play and love on him, but Harold didn't know what to think. The pups daddy is the Catahoula, and he is buddy buddy with our Cookie. Has to lick her nose every chance he gets.

As for Cookie {and Peanut & Blondie} they don't understand why someone comes out there every few hours. And if Cookie has triplets, 2 girls & a boy, all paint/spotted I wouldn't mind at all. Just twin does would be alright too ;) I had not thought about reg LaMancha until Harold fell into my lap. And now I'm remembering that Cookies sire was reg, but I'm not sure about the buck she was bred to. I did get to see him though, a nice looking guy. I'll have to wait a while befor I ask the lady we got them from about it, she just had a baby her self...guess if it comes down to it I could try to get her reg NOA and Blondie too. Just thinking out loud now, trying not to stalk my prego goat.

RamblingCowgirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well still nothing new from Cookie {big shocker right} but I did get an e-mail from a lady in the next town. My Alpine buckling has be born! She sent me pics of the birth and all. Here is a look at him
5655_alpine_buckling.jpg

5655_alpine_buckling_2.jpg

Not sure when I get to pick him up yet, but still very excited! :celebrate

Now come on Cookie...

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Oh my gosh, you have all the cute thing's. The pup, the baby, and soon a cute buck. More pics please. :D

Latest posts