Crazy storm!!!

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
The weather is so unpredictable...i'm not used to that yet. Just got hit by a weird storm with hail and 30+mph wind that lasted only about 10 minutes. The lightning was incredible though...like fireworks!
A weird ending to a weird day :th

Last edited:

Vasara

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thanks guys!! :hugs
Super sore this morning but nothing a few aspirin won't fix ;)
I went out early today and there is a lot of damage on my property....entire trees down and huge branches all over the place. My shed is flattened and the back of the house is flooded.
I'll go down the street later to see what happened there. I saw that a tree fell on of my neighbor's house.
I moved all the rabbits back outside, in a new place of course. Where trees can't fall on them!
I'll have to have someone come and chop up all the wood on the downed trees and take it away...I don't have the equipment do that myself.
The rabbits look fine this morning, like nothing ever happened....happy to see me and munching on their hay.
I think the worst thing was that I had no idea that storm was coming. One of neighbors has a storm shelter and he said he'd call me if he knew of a tornado or a bad storm and I can use his shelter....but I talked to him today and he didn't know that storm was coming either. If it weren't for my neighbor coming over and telling me about the storm, I wouldn't have gotten to my rabbits in time!
I saw that Nashville had tornado warnings last night and it gave a list of counties that would be affected and my county was NOT there! I'm almost 2 hours from Nashville, so the storm must have been huge!

How scary! So glad you got to your rabbits in time and you walked away with with only scratches and bruisers. Sending thoughts as you deal with your clean up efforts

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Compliments of the "fence the cattle out of the streams" so as to improve stream water quality, and the farmer then has to have a well put in and monthly electric bills to pump it...... oh but wait, what happens when there is no electricity??????
Yeah, but you were saving the planet..that's all that counts.
I guess all that all natural, 100% organic and free range crap all the left coasters spew doesn't apply to water.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah, but you were saving the planet..that's all that counts.
I guess all that all natural, 100% organic and free range crap all the left coasters spew doesn't apply to water.
I am all for trying to improve the quality of the water in the streams. And there are some farms where there is alot of damage to banks that could be improved. I think making a water access area where the cattle can get into a stream to drink is a good thing so that they are not tearing up all the banks and all that soil falling into the stream. But the arguments about the manure and such contaminating it has been disproved in several studies and actually there is often more contamination from fertilizer run off from suburban area lawns. Still, it is the "have to" that gets to me. We are paying electric bills at like 8 places. And when you pull the cattle off for the winter, it costs more to have the water turned off than to just leave it on. So you pay a minimum monthly bill and nothing even there to use the water but you are paying for the electric service.

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
I agree @farmerjan
Studies do prove that fertilizer and pesticide/herbicide runoff are the real issues.
I see so many people around me with cattle who have streams in the pasture and their cows have access to it :hu
I honestly don't worry about that...it's the chemicals that concern me.