Daisychick's *Journal* New Baby and it Moos!!!!

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
My Kinder goats. :D Terrible pictures but they are a start. They don't really show their body shape too well. Please critique away because I am new and like to learn.

This is Bell. She is a year and a half old. First Freshener. She is Jesse's mom.
4775_bell.jpg

4775_bell1.jpg

This is Jesse. She is 5 months old.
4775_jesse1.jpg

This is my buckling, Rockey. He is just 4 months old.
4775_rockey.jpg

4775_rockey1.jpg

4775_goats_198.jpg

KinderKorner

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yay pictures!!

Does Rockey have a goat called "Theo Van Goat" in his lines? He looks identical to the "Theo" line which is quite common in my area. They always have that striking black and white pattern. I've had 2 bucks myself that could be twins to your rockey. (Minus the moon spot)

Bell and Jesse are both very cute. :thumbsup

Both girls look very meaty and sturdy, which is great. Good sized teats. Belle looks to have very long ears too! A lot of Kinders don't have the proper length of ears to standard, with personally I think needs to be changed in the standard. Ears are suppose to reach to or past the end of the nose, but I've only seen a couple Kinders with ears that long. What generation is Bell? Her body type and ears lead me to believe she is a lower generation? Maybe 2 or 3?

Nice briskets! Especially on Rockey. That is something I'm having to work with in my herd.

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
KinderKorner said:
Yay pictures!!

Does Rockey have a goat called "Theo Van Goat" in his lines? He looks identical to the "Theo" line which is quite common in my area. They always have that striking black and white pattern.

Bell and Jesse are both very cute. :thumbsup
Rockey comes from Jan Hodge's goats in New Mexico. His sire is Serena Kinders Bertram. I don't have the original of his papers back yet to know further than that back in his lineage.

I hope Jesse turns out to be like her momma. :D I really lucked out getting both of them come from completely different lines than Rockey, so I hope they make nice babies. :fl

KinderKorner

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Some of Jan's goats came from MO, including some from Theos lines. So I bet he is a Theo line. I can pick those out anywhere.

Oh Bertram... I'm so jealous. I've been after Jan to sell me Bertram since he was born. I had hoped on getting him next spring, but she has decided he is a little stinker and she has talked me out of him. I'm still counting on getting some kids from him though. :fl

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
KinderKorner said:
Yay pictures!!

What generation is Bell? Her body type and ears lead me to believe she is a lower generation? Maybe 2 or 3?
She is a 6th generation. She is one of a quad birth. :) She comes from Covenant Ranch Kinders. Her sire is from Tickleweed Hill Farm and her dam is from Alsace Acres. IF that helps. :)

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
KinderKorner said:
Some of Jan's goats came from MO, including some from Theos lines. So I bet he is a Theo line. I can pick those out anywhere.

Oh Bertram... I'm so jealous. I've been after Jan to sell me Bertram since he was born. I had hoped on getting him next spring, but she has decided he is a little stinker and she has talked me out of him. I'm still counting on getting some kids from him though. :fl
If I get bucklings out of Bell in March (I'm going to breed her to Rockey hopefully October) , you could own one of Bertram's grandsons. :p I would love another doeling out of different lines so we could do a trade. :p

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Just noticed you mentioned Rockey's moon spots!!! He has one on his rump and 2 on his shoulders! I hope he throws a few spots! :fl

KinderKorner

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Wow 6th. I was way off. lol

But Tickleweed Hill Farm. That makes sense. Lisa Lamm was the biggest Kinder breeder in the US. She is where many of the lines came from. I'm lucky enough to live within driving distance, and many of my goats came or are lines from her. She is known for breeding BIG Kinders. "Theo" passed through her farm along with several other farms. It's neat knowing where Kinders came from. You can really see the difference in breeding goals from farm to farm. You can't go wrong with Tickleweed!

KinderKorner

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Bertram2.jpg

Bertram as a baby. :love It was love at first sight.

Bertram3.jpg

All grown up. :drool

Madame.jpg

One of Jan's daughters of "Theo" I have a sister who looks very similar.

All photos are Jan's!