Daisychick's *Journal* New Baby and it Moos!!!!

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Catahoula said:
I was just thinking about you. After hearing about the Fern fire doubling....up in Rocky Mountain NP, I was trying to figure out who is where among BYH CO group. I sent ttclan a note. It's been awhile since I heard from her too.
Nice you hear you are keeping yourself busy too. I decided to start making my own goat milk soap too...will be buying store bought goat milk first and then maybe off CL for some raw goat milk. I went to a soap making class and watch tons of video on how to make soap. I my first batch will come out ok. Still waiting for my supply.
Yeah I am way away from the current fire. I am the southern colorado girl :) How exciting that you are going to make soap too! It is addicting and fun! Where did you get your supplies from?? I have been ordering from BrambleBerry in Washington state and they are amazing! I just have to find time to make more and more and more! :lol:

Catahoula

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Yes, I get my supply from Brambleberry. I need to get back into my crafts. Been pretty laid back not wanting to do much except playing with the goats. I have gotten two more...a Alpine wether and his sister. I only got her as a companion to her brother. Breeder didn't have anymore wethers. I don't think I'll breed her but I might change my mind. :)
I am going to make lotion too. It seems simple enough.

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Got a new baby! We are going to grow him out for beef. The horse trailer was full of hay and I didn't want to unload it so he rode home in the back seat of the truck. He licked the leather seats and my husbands face most of the ride home. :lol:
I would like to introduce you to Pork Shop the calf.
4775_dsc_1509.jpg

I posted a thread in the cattle section because this is my first time on my own raising a bottle baby calf. http://www.backyardherds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=23092 I have raised beef before but they were weaned when I got them. I sure am enjoying him and it helps cure the baby fix until the goat babies are due in March.