Devonviolet Acres

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Would rubbing alcohol work as a cheaper alternative? I think you can get some decently strong stuff as opposed to the weaker stuff I use for window cleaning, bug killing, and sterilizing. Although it does evaporate fast too.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Obviously - never heard of Everclear. :D Not a Vodka name I see here....well, don't go to ABC store often.

You can use rubbing alcohol. It's pretty cheap at Dollar General and they carry 100. That's prob what I will work with for first batch anyway. The animals don't need Vodka :lol: Plus, might evaporate on them better, with oils left to protect. My first batch I plan to be small and no other "stuff" added as I want to see just how effective it is, as is. Then, might go with add ins. The salve may actually work well, last longer on say, ears, throat, etc. Places they won't rub off as fast & yet give an aura to ward of pests, longer.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Assuming she meant Dom Perignon

Yeah -- THAT! Never bought it, can't spell it, sure can't afford it! :lol:

Instead of bug sprays -- I'm currently making elderberry juice. 1/2 gal done, doing 2nd pot now...about the same. Almost cried when I had to put the WHITE flour sack cloth in to strain it. :( Needless to say, it isn't white now. And my shirt isn't just gray now...This is a lovely purple juice:lol:

First of week I MAY pick more...being old and cheap is a lot of work! :idunno Much easier to milk those goats! :D

Devon & Bay didn't elaborate on how much work this is! :caf I'd have to get $100 a pint to make it worth while.:D =D