Does anyone know...can you feed a baby raw cow's milk???

ruminantlover27

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
If you want to read a really good book go to Amazon and order "The Untold Story of Milk" by Ron Schmid and get his latest one.
You can feed a baby raw cow's milk, but it should be from a healthy source and may be difficient in some things. Mom's milk is best when young but my baby and toddler drink it all the time with no problem. It will help to build a strong immune system and there is research to support it.
I highly recommend this book, it is very informative, has been well researched, and has been recommended by many others to me.

ruminantlover27

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Oh and if you want to feed goat milk you can too, but it is not used as much mainly for the reason that it contains 1/5 of the amount of folic acid that cow's milk has, but you can add something else for that to the milk to make up for it- like cod liver oil. The oil has high levels of vitamin d, k and a. All are needed together for the body to be able to use them, as they work together and one cannot work without the other- at least very well. It is also a natural source and along with the raw milk, all these things work intricately together in the body.
So pasteurization and artificial supplements such as certain vitamins from certain sources, in certain states, and processed, can create many problems on many levels for any creature

RubThyNeighbor

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Our family LOVES milk

but I am an Ayurvedic practitioner and student so we heat ours to make it more digestible. Cold beverages are heavier on the body and can create gas / colic in both adults and kids without strong digestive fire.

Also, I think human babies should have their mothers milk for as long as it is the best, healthiest (emotionally and physically) for mom & baby.

If it was me and I couldn't breastfeed my child then I would do a homemade formula with (heated almost to a boil) raw goat milk. It is easier on the digestive system than cow. If that wasn't available then I would use a cow one and then I would go to an organic store bought formula
(with no corn syrup). I think as long as the baby is over 6 months and on solid foods then non-human milk is okay.