Duck Chat withdrawal ....

oldhenlikesdogs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I cannot believe how hot out it is. I wouldn't be surprised if something here drops dead from this heat. They all have shade and water, but most of my critters aren't used to this stuff. Poor bunnies and chickens are wearing thick coats, though some of my chickens are a bit plucked looking this year, so maybe that's on purpose to be cooler?

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
I cannot believe how hot out it is. I wouldn't be surprised if something here drops dead from this heat. They all have shade and water, but most of my critters aren't used to this stuff. Poor bunnies and chickens are wearing thick coats, though some of my chickens are a bit plucked looking this year, so maybe that's on purpose to be cooler?
It's that hot?...What temp in Celsius?

oldhenlikesdogs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Holy moly that sucks...I hate that heat..:barnie
Go give everyone cold water and shade is all you can do..Frozen treats?....
For hundreds of critters? I am making sure their water is cold and fresh. I watered the hottest bunnies a bit, they actually don't like being wet. I'm keeping my eye out for signs of heat stress.

About 8 years ago I lost a goat to heat exhaustion. We wet her down repeatedly, but I couldn't at that time do much else because of my own health problems at the time, and momma goat died over night. :( dogs are under house arrest.

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Grrrr....!
I just had to herd all my Ducks from by my Husbands shop again..Little buggers think they need to forage over there..:barnie
They are all locked up again because once they start they keep running back...:rant...:th
I'll be back later I have a few things to do before it rains. Have to fill my horses water troughs today...:frow