Emmadipstik's Journal - Lots of weird things going on here...

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Could the "lump" just be the mammary tissue? :idunno .....????...I know that on my girls, once I am done milking and the bottom half of the udders are empty and very soft, they still have some firmer tissue that can be felt up deeper in the udder. I just figured it was the actual tissue that produced the milk...kind of like on people.......but more uddery!

Rose N Lynne Farm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Why thank you!

I think it probably is mammary gland, but I am getting her looked over just to make sure it's okay, and not mastitis or something.

I love her already, and I do believe she is one of those Wyandottes! Thanks!

ILuvSheep

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
emmadipstik said:
Why thank you!

I think it probably is mammary gland, but I am getting her looked over just to make sure it's okay, and not mastitis or something.

I love her already, and I do believe she is one of those Wyandottes! Thanks!
Aww they beat me to it! LOL

Yup, its a silver laced wyandotte, and its the classic looking hatchery type. The breeder type has better lacing, but most of the hatceries look just like that :)

Don't be surprised to find the wyandotte (if its a hen, obviously if its the roo) is the lead hen, they are a dominate breed but good layers :)

Get a pic of her/his comb so we can have a gender guess!!! :D

Cant help you with the goat :/ Im just the crazy chicken freak, LMAO, not the goat expert

Rose N Lynne Farm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I haven't died haha!

Things have been awfully busy around here. Were hopefully adding a new pet to the family tomorrow, a rat! I have wanted a rat since 5th grade... It's been a while :gig

Our little guy, Napoleon, has officially become a cinder block! He is the same size but is so heavy!

Uhm... Nellie isn't developing an udder yet, so I don't think she is pregnant.

Oh and Yoshi dunked his head in Laylie's milk.

There's been a lot going on lately, but I can't remember the half of it!

So now I will post pictures so I don't have to keep rambling... Unfortunately I only have a few! :duc

I don't think goats are supposed to sit like this!
Yoshi.jpg

Just some of our goat soap.
photo.JPG

Close up of one bar.
photo%20%281%29.JPG

Uhm... Yeah wish me luck with the rat!

CochinBrahmaLover=)

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
i LOVE rats!!! They are THE BEST PETS! My BFF's (well, only frends) were the class rats :lol: If my dad wouldn't go CRAZY I would beg for one :p

Rose N Lynne Farm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
We of course ended up buying him :] He is gigantic :ep

He said he would come with a ball to roll in, a small bag of food, a book on rats and his cage. They gave us so much more! :celebrate

All that they gave us: His cage, A roll-in ball, a book, a bag of bedding, two brand new water bottles, a bag of Natural Waist Friendly Mix, a bag of Canary/Finch Bird Seed (He likes bird seed!), a bag of Reggie Rat Food, some Forti-Diet Healthy Bit Treats, Honey covered Bird Seed sticks, a recipe of the food he likes, a container of Oats, a rope toy, and a cave/hutch thing to hide in.

And now pictures :]

The inside of his cage.
photo%20%281%29.JPG

Everything I got!
photo.JPG

His face!
photo%20%282%29.JPG

Jazzie really really really wanted to eat him :]
photo%20%283%29.JPG