FF Goat - Asking Questions

StarSpangledNubians

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
If you are on mobile should be in the top corner. Not sure where it is on PC.
Screenshot_20181114-205536_Chrome.jpg

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is what the literature says - but 30 years of experience tells me that is not always true. If the doe stops pushing - you have to pull! And there are many times that before you can pull down - you have to get the baby UP and over the brim of the pelvis. Depends on the position the kid is in.
Can you stay and help this girl or find someone to guide her thru this.... @fustratedearthmother.

Louannx

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Discussion moved to Emergency - Goat labor forum. Everything ended successfully. Will post pics of doeling and buckling tomorrow. Thank you all for your help, kindness, wisdom and support!

Louannx

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Dotti kidded two beautiful goat kids. Brown one is doeling and white one is buckling. After 6 hours of long labor I went in and untangled them. The whole process started at 3:30pm yesterday (after 15 minutes posting the prekidding string, discussion moved to - Forum: Emergency - Goat Labor), I went in about 10pm for the first one and I got the last one out at midnight. I will not lie to you, this was the hardest thing I have ever done. At some point I thought I was killing the baby and some times I thought I was killing Dotti, but I did not let go. Slippery little boogers too. It took forever and I was crying while my son held Dotti still. The first time, there was 3 legs and a head. Had to find out which leg went to the head and pulled, seemed like it took forever. The second one had one leg and head and could not get the other leg out. So I grabbed and pulled and wriggled while she pushed and finally the other leg released the baby through the canal. I am guessing besides being tangled they are really big. It turned out to be a good happy ending. Just me and Dotti are traumatized. She is an excellent mother and I am very proud of her. Thank you all, words cannot express my gratitude and I am blessed to have you all help me through this. I cannot believe, I just saved three lives, its a miracle!