First time kidding. Triplets! Pics..

jwh210

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Ok. I've had my three mini nubians for almost a year now and the other night I doubled my herd in a half hour. The birthing went great. A buckling and two doelings. The buckling has a milk goiter (99% sure that's what it is.), and the one doeling had an inverted eyelid. I think I've got the eyelid straightened out by manually flipping it every few hours for the past two days (last time I checked it didn't need correcting..). So other than these two little "issues" everything went well. All are nursing and bouncing around. Mom makes sure they all nurse and she seems to have be doing great herself now. Anyway, I'm new to the forum. Have learned alot by reading on here. Just figured I'd put up some pics. Any advice is welcome. And thanks for everything I've learned from those who post on this site. Glad I can post some success pics.

woodsie

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
could they get any cuter? Congrats.

Oh, did the mom have access to salt/iodine? I've heard that goiters can be a iodine deficiency.

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
My goodness they are adorable! :love Do you have minerals out for them? Both of those issues can be caused by mineral deficiency.

lovinglife

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Very cute!!! Can't wait for Nubian babies!!

jwh210

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Plenty of free choice goat minerals all the time (manna pro if I remember correctly)... I also read that about an iodine deficiency but I have read an equal number of articles that determine it to be a "non-issue".. Either way, I think he will be healthy and perhaps the goiter will go away as he matures. They are all doing very well today. Its amazing how much stronger they get from one day to the next. Thanks for the compliments guys. I'm so happy everything is going well with them. And I'm so happy to have a forum like this to learn from.

madcow

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Boy, what a bundle of cuteness! Nubian babies with their floppy ears are just precious! Love the second picture, too.:love

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
Congratulations!! :love

I have not heard of a kid being born with a milk goiter before. Not sure on that one.

jwh210

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Pearce Pastures said:
Congratulations!! :love

I have not heard of a kid being born with a milk goiter before. Not sure on that one.
I noticed the bump on the second day. Is this normal for a milk goiter? Or is it usually something that develops over time? It hasn't changed at all since I noticed it and he seems to be the strongest (definitely the biggest) of the bunch. Anybody have any other ideas on what I should look into?